GTbigT

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Problem: Black Ops lags in multiplayer, so bad sometimes that the game isn't playable.
My Setup: USB Loader GX using IOS249(rev.20) and playing off of a Passport 320 gig hard drive. System Menu 4.2U. Latest HBC

- I have isolated the problem down to Black Ops and the hard drive (usb)

- The game works fine with NO lag whatsoever when I play it off of a DVD-r with Neogamma, which is also using IOS249(rev.20)

- When I play Modern Warfare Reflex off of the hard drive through USB Loader GX, it play fine with no lag in multiplayer

- The problem is not my router or my ISP, because the game doesn't lag when played off of a DVD

- I have tried playing through Configurable USB Loader and Neogamma (mounting WBFS), but still get lag, so it isn't USB Loader GX's fault either

- I have tried 3 ISO's, 2 NTSC (scrubbed and un-scrubbed) and 1 PAL, all of which have the same lag problem

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

scof

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
Same problem, same configuration, same Hard Disk.

I think i'll buy it, or try my 8GB usb stick.. When I'll be back from my village :-/

GTbigT

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
arodey said:
Pippin666 said:
GTbigT said:
- I have tried 3 ISO's, 2 NTSC (scrubbed and un-scrubbed) and 1 PAL, all [...]
Then stop your downloads.

Pip'
There you go T, its that simple. I can't believe you didn't think of that already!!!

IK, slap me hard for being such a stupid imbecile.

ANYWAY, I did get the problem solved. I used pimpmywii to update all my ios's and the problem disappeared like magic.
I'm using CFG Usb Loader using IOS224 mload

GTbigT

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
fullstrength said:
can anyone else confirm that this pimpmywii will actually resolve online lag for this game...I have the same problem

Fullstrength, I had tried downloading new IOS's, new router firmware, different usb loaders, different ISO's, all kinds of different loading options, but nothing worked.

I DID, however, get the game to play without that lag-type deal when I played it off of a dvd-r using neogamma. So I knew that it wasn't my ISP, router or ISO. It had something to do w/ communications between the Wii and the hard drive. I used ModMii to update all the IOS's I had, but it still didn't work. THEN I did the same thing w/ pimpmywii, and it worked. I can't tell you exactly which IOS pimpmywii updated that fixed the problem, but I can tell you that it solved my problem, and fixed my friend's problem playing a retail copy on a modded wii.

So even though the name of the program is kind of off-putting, it worked and therefore has my recommendation. Use it according to it's directions of course, because any IOS tampering can be potentially dangerous.

BTW I'm playing it using CFG USB Loader using IOS224 mload. So if you don't want to go through with pimpmywii, download the newest 224 and see where that takes you.

Hope this helps.

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
GTbigT said:
fullstrength said:
can anyone else confirm that this pimpmywii will actually resolve online lag for this game...I have the same problem

Fullstrength, I had tried downloading new IOS's, new router firmware, different usb loaders, different ISO's, all kinds of different loading options, but nothing worked.

I DID, however, get the game to play without that lag-type deal when I played it off of a dvd-r using neogamma. So I knew that it wasn't my ISP, router or ISO. It had something to do w/ communications between the Wii and the hard drive. I used ModMii to update all the IOS's I had, but it still didn't work. THEN I did the same thing w/ pimpmywii, and it worked. I can't tell you exactly which IOS pimpmywii updated that fixed the problem, but I can tell you that it solved my problem, and fixed my friend's problem playing a retail copy on a modded wii.

So even though the name of the program is kind of off-putting, it worked and therefore has my recommendation. Use it according to it's directions of course, because any IOS tampering can be potentially dangerous.

BTW I'm playing it using CFG USB Loader using IOS224 mload. So if you don't want to go through with pimpmywii, download the newest 224 and see where that takes you.

Hope this helps.
I'm guessing your using IOS224 mload base 57 right?

fullstrength

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
everything that pimpmywii downloaded failed its install as well....no idea why...i used modmii and grabbed all their latest iso's instead....not sure what's with pimpmywii, but it doesn't like my wii

_Krank_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
fullstrength said:

No it won't. That is absolute non-sense and will not help with lag issues.

ConJ

The Toker
Trophies
Website
xat.com
XP
Country
_Krank_ said:
fullstrength said:

It worked for me. The "lag" or whatever it was, significantly decreased when i switched from CIOSrev20 249[57] to hermes v5 224[57]

Pimp My Wii also fixed the blue screen 002 error i was getting with my retail disc.

_Krank_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ConJ said:
_Krank_ said:
fullstrength said:

It worked for me. The "lag" or whatever it was, significantly decreased when i switched from CIOSrev20 249[57] to hermes v5 224[57]

Pimp My Wii also fixed the blue screen 002 error i was getting with my retail disc.

Have you heard of coincidence? Changing cIOS will not help the lag issue. I have tested this thoroughly.

The only reason it helped with the 002 error is because it updated or installed IOS57 which can be achieved many ways.

hoosier_d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I got off work I tried to, "Pimp my wii" again and every single download worked.............however, it still will not load black Ops which sticks on the loading screen............STILL.

GTbigT

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hoosier_d said:
When I got off work I tried to, "Pimp my wii" again and every single download worked.............however, it still will not load black Ops which sticks on the loading screen............STILL.

What loader are you using? The loading screen issue is a common problem for modded wii's.

And Krank, we're not talking about standard connection lag, so you can spare us your "input", if you've got nothing helpful to add.

ConJ

The Toker
Trophies
Website
xat.com
XP
Country
hoosier_d said:

Which CIOS are you using to boot the game, and which usb loader are you using?

_Krank_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
GTbigT said:
hoosier_d said:

What loader are you using? The loading screen issue is a common problem for modded wii's.

And Krank, we're not talking about standard connection lag, so you can spare us your "input", if you've got nothing helpful to add.

Makes no difference if it's "standard connection lag" (whatever that is supposed to mean...your lag is special I guess). Running pimpmywii will not help at all with any online or connection issues.

annluan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
from what ive read, the lag issue is not happening ONLY with wii users. PS3 and PC online gamers are suffering from it too.

The thing is... For the PC, they already released a patch that corrects the online lags. Soon there will be one for PS3. But what about the wii? IF it is an original bug, I think it cant be patched.

:T

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.