A quick question

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Punkhadass, May 28, 2009.

May 28, 2009

A quick question by Punkhadass at 2:55 AM (555 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. Punkhadass
    OP

Newcomer Punkhadass Member

United States
    For some reason, when I used to use the 4.16 of AK firmware it lags for like a while then it loads, but when i used AKAIO it was faster, but I wasn't able to use AR codes.
    I saw on other posts that AKAIO was no longer, and I saw that 4.17 of AK firmware came out and it said you have to turn the 512kb .sav/.nds.sav into 256kb? How do you do that?

2. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    team acekard hasn't done anything to their firmware but add a few game fixes to the loader, thanks to norm who supplied them. norm on the other hand is constantly recoding, updating, fixing, optimizing, making faster/better the akaio firmware all the time. akaio will always be a better firmware (and it should be official) until team acekard does a complete rewrite and begins to really support their product beyond customer service.

akaio is still in development. although sometimes i wonder why will all of the really stupid questions norm and smiths get. the old save format for the official firmware was .nds.sav later they changed it to .sav and the .nds.sav extension is for save slots. akaio 1.4 default is .nds.sav for compatibility but as of 1.5 if will default to .sav. you can change the behavior in the options menu. please read the wiki for more information on how to use akaio. as for cheats you need to enable them and then make sure you are using the supported database. again there is more info in the wiki, give it a read.

-another world

3. Punkhadass
    OP

Newcomer Punkhadass Member

United States