❤❤❤
OP
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Alright so, this is becoming infuriating, but I'm wondering if anyone here has had problems with keys "sticking" or becoming unresponsive. I've not been able to find anything on Google about this except for cleaning tips. Thing is though that I've not spilled anything on the keyboard, and I've gone through an entire can of air duster trying to resolve this. It started with my "U" key about a week ago, which miraculously solved itself, but is now affecting my "Y" key (makes sense since they're on the same row) and my "S" key for whatever reason. I dunno if this is just a straight up malfunction or what, which is why I'm asking if anyone else here has had this happen or has seen any reports elsewhere. I have a mid 2015 MBP 15" Retina, and haven't been able to find any other sort of claims of this just happening randomly. Probably irrelevant, but this started happening after a kernel panic. I Googled about that as well which suggested the SSD may be going out, but I've used multiple diagnostics tools on both OS X and Windows, and they all show that the drive is perfectly healthy. I've also reset NVRAM and the SMC multiple times.

(Also, this was super tedious to type up...)

Last edited by Joom,

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
It's never happened to me, although my first instinct would be foreign obstacles under the keys. If the keys are getting jammed or dirt or something causing the key not to activate, it might need the keys removed for a thorough clean.

And since you're still in warranty, I would take it to Apple for them to either do a deep clean or replace the keyboard.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
OP
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
I've already popped off the caps and tried cleaning them. Like I said, I've already gone through an entire can of air duster trying to fix this. Guess I wil have to go the Apple Store to get it checked out. Shame that's an hour and a half away...

GraFfiX420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had a similar issue, ended up replacing the keyboard. It was crazy, there's like 100 tiny screws on the back of the keyboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)