Hardware A question about the screens

Cvetomir Liubenov

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I have a Nintendo 3DS and a Nintendo 3DS XL console. Is there a way to launch a game on the 3DS but play it on the 3DS XL? I know that games are compatible with both systems, but I was wondering if I could put them in the smaller one and play them on the bigger screens of the 3DS XL.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi, I have a Nintendo 3DS and a Nintendo 3DS XL console. Is there a way to launch a game on the 3DS but play it on the 3DS XL? I know that games are compatible with both systems, but I was wondering if I could put them in the smaller one and play them on the bigger screens of the 3DS XL.
Uh, what? :wtf:
That makes no sense.

Reactions: Sicklyboy

Quincy

Your own personal guitarist :3
Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Or maybe only his 3DS is Gateway compatible.

LOL I did not even think of that! However he never said it was for Gateway use.

Something like this could be possible, but someone would have to write a server and a client app, which would require both systems to be able to run the gateway exploit. However, I doubt that someone is willing to take the time and effort to do this.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
either OP wants jesus to duplicate his cards so 2 people can play the same game

or OP didn't realized he can also purchase digital games on the bigger 3ds

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL I did not even think of that! However he never said it was for Gateway use.

Something like this could be possible, but someone would have to write a server and a client app, which would require both systems to be able to run the gateway exploit. However, I doubt that someone is willing to take the time and effort to do this.

Have you ever tried to browse the internet or download a game on a 3DS?

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, as a matter of fact I have. I don't see what that has to do with TS' question though?

Nothing at all with his question, it's to do with your idea of a client/server app to accomplish it. The 3DS employs 802.11b/g WiFi connectivity. 54Mbps throughput if the planets are in alignment and you've thrown the sacrificial lamb into the volcano.

You're not doing full game streaming at 54Mbps. Even less likely when you factor in real world usage.

Quincy

Your own personal guitarist :3
Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nothing at all with his question, it's to do with your idea of a client/server app to accomplish it. The 3DS employs 802.11b/g WiFi connectivity. 54Mbps throughput if the planets are in alignment and you've thrown the sacrificial lamb into the volcano.

You're not doing full game streaming at 54Mbps. Even less likely when you factor in real world usage.

I left that out of the equation for simplicities sake :P There is a workaround for this tho, that would be play the game on serverside, streaming the video signal to client device, and sending button inputs back to server but that would still leave it practically unplayable unless you use a specificly engineerd protocol/low range frequency like Ninty with the Wii U.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Cool.