Hacking A question about NTSC -> PAL

Auzzie Wingman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a PAL Wii because I live in Australia, and it is somewhat hacked.
It currently is able to use Config USBLoader to copy and run Wii ISOs of my USB. It also can run WAD Installer, so I can download and open WiiWare WADs. Not sure about the versions but they should be fine.

I'm thinking about downloading some of ISOs of the net, but most of them are NTSC.... for obvious reasons....
Anyway, I'm not sure if they will run on my Wii because its PAL.

Do I have to install special software on the Wii/SD Card before it can work or is it fine if I just load them through the Config USBLoader?

Question 2: I don't know why but some of my homebrew ain't working. I had LoadMii and a few emus like VBAgx, but now they won't recognise my microSD card even though you kinda need it to start anyway. Anyone got a vague idea. It was working fine before I tried the NES emu.

Question 3: Damn! Forgot what I was going to ask just when I was about to type it up. I'll ask when I remember.

Auzzie Wingman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I' m not totally sure if it does. Like it has two NTSC modes along with PAL and Auto. But they cause the screen to go either black and white or some purple and green thingy that might be seeing through high people's eyes.

If that's what you mean, cool.

toejam316

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
If you have a TV that supports 480P, it'll be fine in either mode.
If not, you'll need to force it to run in PAL, and a few games just don't work when that's done.

Auzzie Wingman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Idk, I get NTSC 4.3 on one and the other is NTSC 3.3 i think. Don't know if that counts.
Wait, I've got Auto right?!

Why oh why is there no universal standard?!

C.S.I.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
NTSC games work on my 4.2E Wii. I am using Configurable USB loader, no special changes made to the config that I can remember.

Mine is using the HD option with a r/b/g hi-def cable. Pretty sure it worked though with the standard cable too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1