A problem with my Ackekard

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by gettogaara, Aug 3, 2009.

Aug 3, 2009
  1. gettogaara
    OP

Member gettogaara GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Well ok I was jsut playing jump ultimate stars on the train yesterday like I do almost everyday and then I turned it off just like normal nothing iregular happened. When I turned it back on though it was frozen with the red select thing on nothing but the backround. I turned it back on and off lots of times but nothing changed. When I finally got home I put in my usb and I saw a file tittled MoonShell 2.00 Beta 5.sav with a size of 0kb. When I tried to cut this and paste it onto my desktop it said Cannot copy Moonshell 2.00 beta 5:The file or directory is corrupted or unreadable. I tried to delete it but it keeps coming back. I'm not positive but I think this might be the key to my problem.

2. rockstar99

Member rockstar99 Hi

Canada
    Try a reformat

3. gettogaara
    OP

United States
    but backup all of the files I want first right?(Srry if its a stupid question I just had a formatting problem before)
    Well I transfered as many files possible to a safe place. Three of my folders were corrupted which were (__aio Folder,__ak2 folder and my batch dpg Folder) Should I begin the formatting now?

4. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    why are you using akaio and the official firmwares at the same time? back up your .sav files, and any homebrew/roms which are already organized in the way you like it. also backup your akaio globalsettings.ini and the theme folder you are currently using which is in the "UI" directory. format the msd using the panasonic formatter, do a full format. then put on a fresh copy of akaio 1.4.1 proper. after that put everything back on.

reformatting will delete the pointers to all of your data, so if you don't copy it off to your pc/usb thumbdrive, etc, it is lost for good.

please keep in mind that if one of the files you back up is corrupted it could cause problems later on, as in corrupting your msd again. i personally keep a set of folders on my harddrive titled "roms" and "homebrew." i keep these directories updated with the same stuff i have on my msd. this way if my msd becomes corrupt all i need to back-up are the .sav files.

goodluck.
    -another world

5. gettogaara
    OP

United States
    Well I jsut reformatted and so far all I have is games,Homebrew,Music,Moonshl,ysmenu,videos,my skin,MoonShell 2.00 Beta 5.nds,akmenu4.nds,globalsettings.ini. So what do I need to redownload and where can I get it from?(srry If its a dumb question its sort of late and I'm very tired)

6. elixirdream

Member elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

Malaysia
    first, download the akaio firmware!
    where?
    read Another World's post!

rest of the stuff? google is your buddy

7. Advi

Member Advi GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Download the 1.4.1 Proper firmware and put the __aio and akmenu4.nds from it onto your root. Then take your globalsettings.ini and replace the one in the new firmware copy with that one (or just rewrite the new one, whatever works for you). Put the skins you saved into your "ui" folder. Now you can backup all of your other stuff to the card. If you need a fresh copy of the firmware, click the link in Another World's signature. Remember, you DO NOT need the official fw.

8. Panic101

Member Panic101 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Try these steps I compiled maybe they can help you.

How To Troubleshoot Your Flashcart:

STEP 1: Make sure you're not using the card reader that comes with the flashcart. Buy your own. Always use the "Add/Remove Hardware Safely" function before removing the reader.
    STEP 2: Check your microSD card for smudges on the contacts. Clean with a QTIP. You can add a bit of alcohol onto the QTIP, if wanted.
    STEP 3: Check your Flashcart for any abrasions or smudges on the contacts. Clean with a QTIP. You can add a bit of alcohol onto the QTIP, if wanted.
    STEP 4: Possibly, your Flashcart is not making perfect contact the DS. Try the "Paper Shim Trick" to close the gap and make the space tighter.
    STEP 5: Copy all of your games and saves off your microsd card to your computer (BACKUP). Download the latest "Panasonic SD Formatter" and do a full format with this application. Install the latest firmware again from a different/reliable site. Then add on your games and saves to the newly formatted card.
    STEP 6: If the latest firmware doesn't work sometimes downgraded firmwares can achieve working results. Try downgrading, if it doesn't resolve just go back up to the latest firmware again.
    STEP 7: There are times where the official firmware for your specific cart isn't up to par with the alternatives created. Try a legit alternative firmware for your flashcart. eg, (DSTT/R4 -->YSMENU), (Acekard--->AKAIO), (M3 DS Real---> Sakura) so forth..
    STEP 8: If you're using cheats maybe they are faulty. Get rid of them and get them from a reliable source.
    Or just dont put them on period.
    STEP 9: Possibly the "GAMES/ROMS" you have are faulty. Obtain ones from a new location...

STEP 10: Try another DS. If possible.
    STEP 11: If all else fails, get a new Flashcart and/or MicroSD Card from a reputable site.

Tell us if it works or not~ Good luck.

9. gettogaara
    OP

United States
    Well I redownloaded everything and it worked. I just wonder how long it'll be before another problem occurs. Thanks for the help everyone.