A problem with exploader 0.57 and Pokemon?

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by Ohji, Oct 12, 2008.

Oct 12, 2008
  1. Ohji
    OP

Newcomer Ohji Member

United States
    First off, I have an R4 and an EZFlash 3 in 1. I don't know if that makes any difference, but there you are.

I recently upgraded to Rudolph's Exploader .57 (I was using his oooold 3-in-1 loader thing before...) and every time I save a Pokemon file, whether it be emerald, fire red, leaf green, ruby, sapphire, or even Pokemon Quartz or Shiny Gold, it always gets deleted on the next reboot.

The game itself works fine, but when I save, turn it off, and turn it back on, it says something along the lines of "This file has been erased due to corruption". This is weird, though, because these games worked just fine on the old loader.

Anything I can do to fix this? Sorry if this has been asked already, but I couldn't find anything about this problem after a while of searching.

2. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    pokemon games require a RTC patch to play on the 3in1. this has already been covered.

3. Ohji
    OP

Newcomer Ohji Member

United States
    The problem is, I've already patched them, and they worked with the other 3-in-1 software I had. This is a new problem that just showed up yesterday.

4. how_do_i_do_that

Antarctica
    you can't use the same save file, it is currently not compatible with the exploder app ESPECIALLY previously patched games like pokemon, you will have to use one of the other import apps to get your saved game to work with the cart.

5. Ohji
    OP

Newcomer Ohji Member

United States
    I'm not trying to continue off of a previous save file though. I'm trying to start a new game.

I even tried to get a clean rom and patch it and try it, and it still didn't work. Oh well.

6. how_do_i_do_that

Antarctica
    it should not be causing any issues. try putting the game into NOR and not the PSRAM.

7. Ohji
    OP

Newcomer Ohji Member

United States
    Nope, still didn't work. I just went back to the old loader.

Thanks for the help, though.