Hacking A little story, then a question!

Desuuuu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys, this is my first post.

Anyway..

So every Sunday I back up my .sav files on my 8gb micro sd card. However, this Sunday I fell asleep a little bit earlier than usually so I forgot. A few hours ago I remembered and popped my card into my little reader only to find that it caused my computer to freeze. As I sometimes use it for music purposes, I put it into my mp3 player and of course that too froze until I took the card out. Curious, yet mostly frustrated, I decided to surf the web in the hopes that I will find the answers I'm looking for. This led me to the program "PC Inspector File Recovery". To be honest, I had no idea what I was doing. I was mostly just clicking and clacking buttons, my rage pretty much blinding me. Despite all that, I thought the "Find Lost Drive" option was what I was looking for. Unfortunately, PC Inspector also fell victim to this rebellious sd card.

This leaves me at a crossroads folks.

Is there any other way I can recover my precious .sav files? (actually just my Pokemon Platinum and SRW: Endless Frontier saves. Platinum because I put a lot of my free time into it this week, and SRW because I'm almost done with the game in just a week haha)

Or should I just bite the bullet and try that Panasonic Formatting thing? Granted, I don't even know if my card will freeze that as I'm too tired to check. (I'm practically on my keyboard as I type this)

TL;DR Can't recover files with PC Inspector. Wondering if there's any programs that might work. Should I give up and try to reformat? (if I even can?)

Thanks for your time guys!

-Dess

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It could be your reader. Have you tried the reader with another microSD card, or have you tried your microSD card with another reader?

If it turns out that you want to format it and you're unable to do it with the Panasonic formatter, you can probably use a camera or cell phone.

Most people back up their microSD cards onto a hard drive because microSD cards can become corrupt. Usually corruption occurs because the user forgot to use "safely remove hardware" before removing the microSD card (easy to forget).

-Bri

Desuuuu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bri said:
It could be your reader. Have you tried the reader with another microSD card, or have you tried your microSD card with another reader?

If it turns out that you want to format it and you're unable to do it with the Panasonic formatter, you can probably use a camera or cell phone.

Most people back up their microSD cards onto a hard drive because microSD cards can become corrupt. Usually corruption occurs because the user forgot to use "safely remove hardware" before removing the microSD card (easy to forget).

-Bri

I remember I had a 2gb card and that worked in my reader, so I think it's just the card itself. I haven't been able to try it with another reader, but I will when I get the chance.

And unsurprisingly, my little card froze even the Panasonic Formatter, as well as some other recovery tool I tried haha.

I don't know if it could be because of that since I always use "safely remove hardware" before I remove my card. Or maybe it is. I don't know these things haha.

Thanks for your help anyway, Bri. Your little guide gave me a headstart on all of this before I decided to post. :]

I guess now I have to find my camera and try formatting. But first, I need to find another reader to try lol.

-Dess

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There is also a limit to the number of files that can be on the root of a microSD card. Exceeding that maximum can also cause corruption.

-Bri

Desuuuu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I couldn't even format it in my camera. D:

EDIT: Gah, nevermind. I need to try something else. I forgot my camera can't handle more than 1gb cards.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1