Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all.

So my friend gave me his iTouch for just a day and he's counting on me to jailbreak it. His iTouch is a 2nd gen and is running on 3.1.3. I got redsn0w since people are saying it works but I am now encountering a certain problem.

I first downloaded the 3.1.2 software file and put it into redsn0w.
It did it's job in validating and all.
I selected "Install Cydia" and "Already pwned" from the bottom menu.
It told me to put the iTouch in recovery mode.
It did all its stuff and then...
It just hangs at "Waiting for reboot" forever!

If I try to remove the iTouch, I'd turn it on. It's perfectly normal, no jailbreak...
frown.gif

Help Please? I tried a dozen times already...

Thanks fellow tempers.
wink.gif

sudeki300

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
so your trying to downgrade from 3.1.3 to 3.1.2 to jailbreak the ipod touch 2g. the best thing to do is downgrade the ipod to official 3.1.2 through itunes first by connecting the ipod to itunes and then shift + restore then select the 3.1.2 official firmware. once this is done then use redsn0w to jailbreak like normal and you should be fine. or find a custom firmware 3.1.2 file nad restore with that. i hope this helps.....................sudeki300

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use blackra1n instead.

Open iTunes and go to his iPod. Hold shift and click Restore. Locate the unpatched 3.1.2 ipsw file. After it is done installing 3.1.2 then close iTunes and run blackra1n. You should see a couple pictures showing on the iPod and then it will reboot with a pineapple logo to let you know it has been jailbroken. Open Cydia and go to Manage -> Sources -> Edit -> Add. Enter in the address of the Hackulous repo. Tap Add anyway. After it finishes adding the repo tap Return to Cydia, Done, Hackulo.us and install AppSync for OS 3.1 and you're done.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @HiradeGirl, https://a.co/d/6oECWAh