Gaming A little help please?

mew512

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am a teenager and want to buy a new computer but not sure what to get i know about the higher the value in ghz the faster the processor and the more ram tha more programs can run i think but i need one for just surfing the web and downloading (everything really music, sometimes videos and with storage maybe some wii games) but i dont want to get a new one thats really expensive so are either of these a good choice

http://www.overstock.com/Electronics/Dell-...55/product.html
http://www.overstock.com/Electronics/IBM-8...81/product.html

i know the first one has a lot less storage but i can handle that so which one do you think i should get (im only getting a refurbished one because i never have money because im a teenager im looking for a paper ro8nd but my parents never let me get money so if you know a better computer for a better price please post a link)

thank you in advance to any responses
yay.gif

D

Deleted_171835

Not necessarily. It's futile to compare different processors based on the amount of gigahertz.

Anyways, both of those computers are crap. Can you increase your budget? How about $600? If you're going to play Wii games (Dolphin) on the computer you'll need a way better computer then that. A better processor. I should also advise against purchasing refurbished computers. They tend to have a lot of problems and sometimes are already plagued with problems. Try to purchase a new one. Are you able to build a computer? You can build a decent/somewhat good computer for $500.

mew512

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i live in the Uk so i think the most i can spend is £250 i am only a teenager so i dont have a lot of money i just wanted to know how much i can spend and i only want to download wii games not play but thanks for the help

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Next time try to make a better topic title please
lecture.gif
. As for what you're looking for, I'm totally not into prices or markets in the UK. I assume 250 pounds is roughly 350-400 euro's. Especially if you aren't going to do a lot of gaming you should be able to get much better machine's for that amount of cash, non refurbished.. More along the lines of a basic core 2 duo (say somewhere around 1,8Ghz, dual core?) with 2-4gigs ram and 350gb HD space or something along those lines.

(quick price guage for as far as my memory still matches current prices
tongue.gif
):
CPU core 2 duo 1,8GHz ~ 60-70 euro's (or AMD Athlon II X2 250, roughly the same price)
Mobo (mATX gigabyte or something with built in grafics) ~ 50-60 euro's
4 gigs ram ~ 70 euro's (DDR2 got expensive...)
Case ~ 60 euro's
PSU ~ 50 euro's
HD 1 terabyte ~ 50 euro's

Which ends up to being around 350 euro's (though that is self built of course, a prebuilt system easily adds 70-100 euro's to the price sadly).

Berthenk

Epitome of Awesomeness
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
You should go for the Tweakers.Net Budget/Basic System...

AMD Athlon II X2 240 Dual Core, 2.8 GHz
AOpen ES45F Black
Asus M2A74-AM SE
OCZ Value OCZ2V8002G, 1X2 Gigabyte or 2X2 Gigabyte
Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 ST3500418AS, 500GB.
Sony AD-7240S
Around 270 euro's in the Netherlands!
OS is pretty easy to find, so you don't need to pay for that if you don't want to...
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I kept thinking jaws was gonna come up and attack