Homebrew A little assisstance, if its not too much.

ll Genesis ll

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well im new here, so sorry to anyone who hates noobs. Ill be brief:

I have a NTSC Wii Version 4.1 on cIOS Rev.10 and i believe the patched IOS60. My dilemma is im trying to play games off of an SD card using USB loader 1.4, however whenever i try to play an NTSC game i get the error 002 with Blue Screen. The games i have tried are Super Mario Galaxy and Monster Hunter Tri; Both NTSC. When i attempted Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom, it played fine, just in black and white.

Can anyone help me out? A step by step guide would be nice, even if it is a really simple fix. Id really appreciate it. Thanks.

guitarloser85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

ll Genesis ll

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the input, now it says rev17 is best for compatibility, should i go with that or do you suggest something else?

Posts merged

ah i see, thank you. i will tell you if it works ASAP

ll Genesis ll

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well im now running the NeoGamma R9 beta13, IOS249 rev17, and now it doesnt even acknowledge that my SD is mounted. It goes straight to the countdown. any suggestions from there?

ll Genesis ll

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i decided to go rev 19 and managed to get everything working. Except monsster hunter tri. It goes to the "Begin the Game" screen then emits an annoying hm and stays frozen. Im stumped. Is it a cIOS error?

rayben

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a generic usb card reader at walmart (Just SD to USB) and find that it works well as a usb device for the wii.

USB over SD is going to give you more loader options.

Also, use ios 37 (pretty sure) as the base for ciosx rev 19. That should fix MH3.

ll Genesis ll

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know the USB has more options but all ive got is the SD loader and i will not be defeated. For some reason when i use the Rev19 with IOS249 and IOS37 base it wont even mount the SD card

guitarloser85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rayben means one of these. Instead of plugging your SD card in the SD slot, you'd plug it in this converter and then into the back of your wii.

There are many more USB loaders without SD functionality than with and it sounds like compatibility might be improved if you were to go this route.

Did you try Rev19 base 37 with configurable USB loader? You might have better luck with that app. But ya, Monster Hunter only works with base 37.

newby1976

Trophies
XP
Country
for monster hunter tri, follow darkways post (not the top post) from this link ...... i had the same issue, fixed it for me

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ll Genesis ll said:
well i decided to go rev 19 and managed to get everything working. Except monsster hunter tri. It goes to the "Begin the Game" screen then emits an annoying hm and stays frozen. Im stumped. Is it a cIOS error?
You need to reinstall cIOS rev19 while using IOS37 as a base instead of the default IOS57.

ll Genesis ll

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gordinio said:
ll Genesis ll said:
You need to reinstall cIOS rev19 while using IOS37 as a base instead of the default IOS57.

Well the funny thing is, the SD wont even mount with anything other than rev10 at this point. i really appreciate the help everyone

SoiC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
same issue. I'm running wbfs off SD cuz i fail to initalize off usb.
Using Ciosx rev 19 base 57 I can get every game working EXCEPT monster hunter tri. I think the only option is to wait for SD support to be added to the other bases.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up