A Hat In Time, The Wind Waker Meets Banjo Kazooie Game Is On Kickstarter

OscarRamos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP

A Hat in Time, the 3D collect-a-thon platformer in the spirit of the beloved Nintendo and Rare games from the Nintendo 64 era is now on Kickstarter. The development team Gears for Breakfast are looking to release the Banjo Kazooie and Wind Waker style game on Steam and Wii U. The team is looking to raise $30,000 to kickstart their platforming project. A Hat in Time looks fantastic and Gears for Breakfast is hopeful they will have the game out next year. What do you guys think just by the look of this game? Could it be a hit or simply a slap to the face.

Source

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
have had my eye on this project, really amazing to see what they have so far, really hope nintendo track these guys down and maybe even steal them to make them their own.
games exclusive for WiiU and 3DS as they are exactly the games needed these days as we haven't had a good collectathon game in a while

They're bound to get funded at the current pace :D

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now you can get the obnoxious collecting of Banjo Kazooie combined with the blah art style of Wind Waker!

Jokes aside, I do think $30,000 seems quite low, especially if they're doing a console release. But you never know.

Reactions: eyecat14

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
It looks okay. It's not really like Banjo-Kazooie though...More like Donkey Kong 64 (Although they mentioned that in the Kickstarter video as well). The gameplay is much more fast paced, and doesn't really seem to be mainly based around the whole collect-a-thon concept.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
While it could potentially be a nice game it's a game I'd never ever consider it due to the various malicious antics its creator has been up to previously.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
I'm not going to go into details because I'm not interested in becoming a target of his, but mecha has a history of lying to/slandering and to some extent even trying to blackmail certain people within the TF2 community.
oh ok
Well there is nothing anywhere I can see on the net about that and it's only TF2 which is a free game anyway.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
oh ok
Well there is nothing anywhere I can see on the net about that and it's only TF2 which is a free game anyway.
It's there if one really wants to find it, but it's probably for the better to just leave it as it is.

I personally do not agree with what he's done and for that reason I won't consider buying his game, but I really am not trying to discourage others from buying this game should they be interested.

PityOnU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's there if one really wants to find it, but it's probably for the better to just leave it as it is.

I personally do not agree with what he's done and for that reason I won't consider buying his game, but I really am not trying to discourage others from buying this game should they be interested.

/drama

Anywho... Backed! Would be really nice to see this game on the WiiU, and at this point Nintendo would be silly not to oblige.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y