ROM Hack Discussion A Hat in Time modding

MayorBryce

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My console is being modded right now so once I get it back, I will definitely be tweaking the settings for this game.

MayorBryce

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm setting to work on editing the configuration files, here are my notes.
  • Most notably, the number of configuration files in here is crazy. They were planning a Wii U, Mobile, and MacOS port? Since when?
  • Anyone, getting back on topic. after comparing the SwitchSystemSettings.ini file to the HatInTimeSystemSettings.ini file found in the PC version, there's significantly less options.
    • Would it be possible to copy/paste values from the PC version into the Switch settings (such as resolution, for example) and have the Switch read it?
  • There are multiple configuration files, found in HatinTimeGame\Config\Switch. I've attached all the defaults in a Zip file.
    • SwitchGame.ini, which as far as I can tell, doesn't really affect settings at all.
    • SwitchEngine.ini. Responsible for the framerate (why is the framerate 32fps by default?), which I know for a fact can be adjusted for higher framerates, and whether Material Quality Levels are loaded. I wonder if changing the latter setting allows for higher quality settings, or if it simply makes the game crash on boot.
    • SwitchSystemSettings.ini. This is where all the primary graphics settings are, and likely where all the graphics settings are saved. Theoretically, we can modify the files here and force a change in the graphics quality. However, not all the settings are here, such as resolution. This makes me wonder, can we edit in the missing settings and get the game to do something with them?
I'll be back with more info later.

Attachments

• SwitchSystemSettings.zip
    1.6 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: JonJaded

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Proxy sites, not very effective.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    if ur on a Chromebook and cant change jack about the laptop that's what I gotta use
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    One of the sites that weren't blocked on the school's network was some file uploading sites. I would upload some games, write down the URL and take it to school one day.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't allowed.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my school has a chrome extension called light speed filter agent and it legit blocks YouTube pfps since the file cdn(I think aka yt3.ggpht.com) is classed as mature
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    mhm
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: a