Discussion A Hat in Time modding

Discussion in 'Switch - ROM Hacking, Saves, Translations & Tools' started by robdog49er, Oct 19, 2019.

1. robdog49er
    OP

robdog49er Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 13, 2016
    United States
    Anyone making notable progress in this. Its know it uses the same cooking so thats a good start.

2. Rya102396

Rya102396 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 28, 2015
    United States
    I'm also hoping that someone can get mods working for the game. Tried looking into things a bit myself, but couldn't figure it out. Doesn't seem like the Switch version of Skyrim where the modding stuff is still kinda there.

3. Jonhy

Jonhy GBAtemp Regular

May 22, 2016
    United States
    I've looked into this, no dice as of yet.

What's funny though is that we now know that loading mods is possible because in the HatinTimeMods.ini, the devs left that config with a few mods that were set to disable.

I've tried dropping mods with layersFS into the HatinTimeGame/Mods/ directory and tried editing the HatinTimeMods.ini and pointed the mods in my mods folder at it and I couldn't get it to work either.

What is possible though is FULL graphical tuning. You can change every single setting. You can also uncap the framerate, but there aren't a lot of places where you can break towards 60 fps. In the SwitchSystemSettings.ini G4B even left a comment saying

Code:
    ; MotionBlurSamples was previously 9. MotionBlurSamples has no CPU cost, and on Switch we're CPU bound, so we can increase it to 13.
    which is pretty nice.

You can also load Nyakuza Metro by swapping the map names. (I'm not really sure if it's actually fully playable.)

4. LucioDragon

LucioDragon Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2018
    Chile
    nice day 1 discovery, i'm sure within the next days we will get a way to implement mods easily

5. raine_em

raine_em Member

Newcomer
    Aug 17, 2019
    Canada
    I don't know this is the same for everyone, but I found when dumping the update file and looking into HatinTimeMods.ini, there seems to be some left over mod data in the update. I don't think the files for the mods are in the data of the update left over, but it definitely did exist at some point.

Code:
    [playablebeter.Kido_Player_BeterMod]
    playerSet=0
    moveSet=0
    mod_disabled=0

[Vineshroom.Vineshroom]
    bCorruptPlayer=0
    bCorruptEnemy=0
    bCorruptActor=0
    mod_disabled=1

[Psychonauts.Psychonauts]
    mod_disabled=1
    The Vinesauce mod caught me by surprise, but the Psychonauts one is interesting as well.

This leftover code doesn't exist in the base dump though.

Last edited by raine_em, Oct 21, 2019
  6. Rya102396

Rya102396 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 28, 2015
    United States
    That's... Actually really interesting. Just took a look at my dumped files, and it's basically the same, except mine has different mods in it. Mine has PlayAsMuGirlMod, PaperHatInTimeMod, and DanageMod.

7. justinbug2

justinbug2 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 9, 2015
    United States
    try adding some mods to the UPK and rebuild the upk using tools, might work?

8. justinbug2

justinbug2 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 9, 2015
    United States
    any thing

9. Rya102396

Rya102396 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 28, 2015
    United States
    I got nothing so far, I've been trying on and off for the last few days

10. Mwc

Mwc Member

Newcomer
    Jul 29, 2016
    Canada
    How about save transferring (PC>Switch)? I really don't want to go through all the Death Wishes again, I can only handle so much :sad:

11. Jonhy

Jonhy GBAtemp Regular

May 22, 2016
    United States
    It's been looked into, but a direct transfer isn't possible. The switch save has additional configs and what not in the save file.

It'll be a lot of work to just make a tool to transfer..

12. raine_em

raine_em Member

Newcomer
    Aug 17, 2019
    Canada
    wanted to update saying by setting mod_disabled equal to 0 on the vineshroom mod, on chapter 3 of mafia town the ground textures seem to be replaced by the corruption badge textures (the badge that comes with the vineshroom mod). it's not ground breaking but it's something. no pun intended.

Last edited by raine_em, Oct 29, 2019
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted