ROM Hack Discussion A Hat in Time modding

MayorBryce

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My console is being modded right now so once I get it back, I will definitely be tweaking the settings for this game.

MayorBryce

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm setting to work on editing the configuration files, here are my notes.
  • Most notably, the number of configuration files in here is crazy. They were planning a Wii U, Mobile, and MacOS port? Since when?
  • Anyone, getting back on topic. after comparing the SwitchSystemSettings.ini file to the HatInTimeSystemSettings.ini file found in the PC version, there's significantly less options.
    • Would it be possible to copy/paste values from the PC version into the Switch settings (such as resolution, for example) and have the Switch read it?
  • There are multiple configuration files, found in HatinTimeGame\Config\Switch. I've attached all the defaults in a Zip file.
    • SwitchGame.ini, which as far as I can tell, doesn't really affect settings at all.
    • SwitchEngine.ini. Responsible for the framerate (why is the framerate 32fps by default?), which I know for a fact can be adjusted for higher framerates, and whether Material Quality Levels are loaded. I wonder if changing the latter setting allows for higher quality settings, or if it simply makes the game crash on boot.
    • SwitchSystemSettings.ini. This is where all the primary graphics settings are, and likely where all the graphics settings are saved. Theoretically, we can modify the files here and force a change in the graphics quality. However, not all the settings are here, such as resolution. This makes me wonder, can we edit in the missing settings and get the game to do something with them?
I'll be back with more info later.

Attachments

• SwitchSystemSettings.zip
    1.6 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: JonJaded

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :D:)