A good HM slave for my setup?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by SamusKnight2K, Jun 13, 2010.

Jun 13, 2010
  1. SamusKnight2K
    OP

Member SamusKnight2K GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Right now I'm trying to discern what may be a decent HM slave for my current roster. I'm playing Pokemon Heartgold by the way. Here's my current team:

Wartortle
    Ice Beam
    Surf
    Rain Dance
    Aqua Ring

Hypno
    Dream Eater (Will replace later after breeding a PKMN to preserve this move.)
    Hypnosis
    Nightmare
    Psychic

Charizard
    Air Slash
    Flamethrower
    SolarBeam
    Sunny Day

Dragonair
    Dragon Pulse
    Draco Meteor
    Blizzard
    Safeguard

Pikachu
    Flash
    Thunder
    Thunderbolt
    Fly

Sceptile
    Cut
    Rock Smash
    Strength
    Rest

The Sceptile I picked up off a used Pokemon Sapphire I bought and transferred over via Pal Park. Overall I've got most of the HMs covered already but I'm concerned about the fact I don't have a dedicated Waterfall or Whirlpool slave. I don't know if it's better to carry two HM slaves or just alternate between whichever I need at the current moment. I opted to skip having Charizard learn Fly since I got a Pikachu that knew it already from the Pokewalker and Surf is a decent enough move that I left it as a regular attack on my Wartortle. I've also considered teaching Dragonair Waterfall instead of Blizzard as I only threw that in because I needed an ice attack in a previous gym battle. Also, is it recommended I leave my Pikachu with both Thunder and Thunderbolt or just overwrite Thunderbolt? With Rain Dance from my Wartortle that makes Thunder an automatic hit (It's seemingly rarely missed as it is for me.) so I tend to use it over Thunderbolt unless the target is stronger. I'm also using a Light Ball with Pikachu. Anyway, thanks in advance.