A forum section for Iplayer

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by Sao Mortel, Dec 8, 2009.

Dec 8, 2009
  1. Sao Mortel
    OP

Member Sao Mortel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    There should be a Forum section for Iplayer flashcart.
    Googling is fun but if there was a section for it it would be better as this is a flashcart with a lot of potential.

2. p1ngpong

Supervisor p1ngpong Legit Boss Harold

Croatia
    Considering what it can do I think this will become inevitable at some point.

3. Costello

Administrator Costello Headmaster

I'm pretty sure the iPlayer was just an introduction to the next-generation flashcart, those that will embed a chip to increase their power for multimedia capabilities.
    what I mean is look at the new Supercard, it will reproduce the same mechanism.
    so I expect a new generation to emerge and the iPlayer to become quickly obsolete [​IMG]

4. Sao Mortel
    OP

Member Sao Mortel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    So if I understand what you say.
    Iplayer = not a good card = no forum section needed as nobody will want it in 2 months

5. Edgedancer

Member Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Australia
    No. He is meaning that more comprehensive cards will come out eventually which will remove the need for iPlayer. The issue I see with a forum is that a bunch of people will ask about how to play roms and since it does not seem like it will be so different from the new Supercard, I am sure guides will be able to be used across both cards (excluding the DS game stuff).

6. CannonFoddr

Member CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

United Kingdom
    Hmm.. instead of an 'Iplayer' forum - what about a 'Supercard' Forum (since there's gonna be a Supercard DSTwo 'soon' that includes the hardware of the Iplayer), & let that cover the DSOne,DSTwo and the Iplayer

oh hang on - there already IS a Supercard Forum [​IMG]