A forum section for Iplayer

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by Sao Mortel, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Sao Mortel
    OP

Sao Mortel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 23, 2008
    Canada
    Montreal
    There should be a Forum section for Iplayer flashcart.
    Googling is fun but if there was a section for it it would be better as this is a flashcart with a lot of potential.

2. p1ngpong

p1ngpong Unamused frog

Former Staff
    Apr 18, 2008
    Croatia
    DS Scene
    Considering what it can do I think this will become inevitable at some point.

3. Costello

Costello Headmaster

Administrator
    Oct 24, 2002
    I'm pretty sure the iPlayer was just an introduction to the next-generation flashcart, those that will embed a chip to increase their power for multimedia capabilities.
    what I mean is look at the new Supercard, it will reproduce the same mechanism.
    so I expect a new generation to emerge and the iPlayer to become quickly obsolete [​IMG]

4. Sao Mortel
    OP

Sao Mortel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 23, 2008
    Canada
    Montreal
    So if I understand what you say.
    Iplayer = not a good card = no forum section needed as nobody will want it in 2 months

5. Edgedancer

Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Oct 2, 2006
    Canberra
    No. He is meaning that more comprehensive cards will come out eventually which will remove the need for iPlayer. The issue I see with a forum is that a bunch of people will ask about how to play roms and since it does not seem like it will be so different from the new Supercard, I am sure guides will be able to be used across both cards (excluding the DS game stuff).

6. CannonFoddr

CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

Sep 23, 2006
    Sitting by computer
    Hmm.. instead of an 'Iplayer' forum - what about a 'Supercard' Forum (since there's gonna be a Supercard DSTwo 'soon' that includes the hardware of the Iplayer), & let that cover the DSOne,DSTwo and the Iplayer

oh hang on - there already IS a Supercard Forum [​IMG]