a Final Fantasy question

sconethief

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol i had no idea where to put this so i put it here...
Ok, My friend is an insane FF nerd and he's really annoying me. He says whatever Amano(sorry if i misspelled it
frown.gif
) drew/designed is good, and what Namura does is sh*t. Now he blames the fact he believes FF VII sucks on namura making cloud and sepphy the way they are, bet really I don't think that Namura does that, I thought he just made concept art xD SO Does a person in the postion of Namura/amano do any game design?

Goshogun1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According to Wikipedia here is Nomura and Amano's work on FF VII.

Amano-Promotional Artwork, Image Illustrator, Title Logo Designer & Character Artwork
Nomura-Character Designer, Battle Visual Director & Original Story

Personally I like the both of them, but I have a soft spot for Amano because he is so radically different. So, considering Nomura was involved with "Battle Visual Direction" he did do some game design in a visual sense. For the time, it was mind-blowing, so I give him quite a lot of credit for advancing the visuals in RPG battles, and the Squaresoft eye-candy most of us love.

Nocturnius

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nomura Is a beast. He knows what fashion should be like in games. He has absorbed the fact that There is better designs than fantasy style clothing and such. And why not? I mean. Please japan gamers first then the rest of the world. Nomura is one of my favorite designers/story People say zippers and such but therei s much more than just zippers lol. Overall He knows how to turn the least thought idea and makes it epic. What nomura did to cloud and sephy and whatever else he did in ff7 blends right in with the setting and plot of the game. He has a modern style design. Which for me is great I am tired of the same old fantasy style artwork and design in many rpg games.

Shakraka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nocturnius said:
Nomura Is a beast. He knows what fashion should be like in games. He has absorbed the fact that There is better designs than fantasy style clothing and such. And why not? I mean. Please japan gamers first then the rest of the world. Nomura is one of my favorite designers/story People say zippers and such but therei s much more than just zippers lol. Overall He knows how to turn the least thought idea and makes it epic. What nomura did to cloud and sephy and whatever else he did in ff7 blends right in with the setting and plot of the game. He has a modern style design. Which for me is great I am tired of the same old fantasy style artwork and design in many rpg games.
Oh, so from what you said, pretty much every teenager you see in Japan should be wearing the belts-and-zipper like clothes? I guess all of them have swords too, huh?

Those facts of yours are conjectures based on JRPGs that you have played, not what you know about Japan. Unless, of course, you have lived in Japan and you know from experience, which I highly doubt.

I don't usually defend Japan, but, these flamboyant JRPGs are giving a false image of what Japan looks like to foreigners.

AND THAT'S WHY WE HAVE SO MANY GODDAMN COSPLAYING WEEABOOS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://wccftech-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/wccftech.com/amd-800-series-am5-motherboards-launch-r...