A few questions before I buy

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by Rajveer, Oct 30, 2008.

Oct 30, 2008
  1. Rajveer

Newcomer Rajveer Member

Feb 9, 2006
    United Kingdom
    I'm thinking of buying a CycloDS or an Acekard RPG, and I've got a few questions before I decide.

- How compatible is the Enhanced Menu with new games, does it cause any graphical glitches and does it work with most games?
    - How quick does the menu load with the latest firmware, and a class 6 SDHC memory card?
    - How good is multiplayer compatibility? Currently I can't get any backed-up games to work in multicard mode between a DS-X and a Supercard SD, how does the CycloDS hold up in this area?
    - I like the idea of having internal flash memory for backed-up games and streaming videos that require fast access, but with a fast SDHC card will this be an issue?
  2. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

May 12, 2004
    United States
    1. It works with all games, and does not cause graphical glitches anymore.
    2. Around 2-3 seconds, same as with any other decent flash card.
    3. I heard it doesn't work very well with R4s, but I'm not sure about any other flash card. It works fine with other Cyclos and retail games.
    4. Internal memory will always be faster than MicroSD. A really fast SDHC will probably run games at 99% while internal flash is always 100%.
  3. War

Member War Take it easy~

Oct 26, 2007
    -As far as I can tell, it is 100% compatible with all games. It doesn't cause graphical glitches, but it will sometimes (note: maybe 1 in 15 times) crash your game. This has happened to me at least 5 times since I bought my Cyclo. By "crash your game" I mean that you'll try to access the menu, and the screen will go all white and you have to restart the DS.
    -For me, it takes anywhere from 3~5 seconds. It's not too big of a deal.
    -I'm pretty sure there's not many problems in the multi-player department. I've never had problems with it, so...
    -I don't think so? I'm not sure about this question, sorry.