Hacking A few questions about CFW etc

ItsVoid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello everyone, just signed up here on GBATemp to ask a few questions!
Sooo, 2 days ago I was able to find my 3ds and was googling if there were any hacks for it without a flashcard, and there were, CFW.
Was lucky to have firmware 9.2.0 so I downgraded it, followed some steps, did the things and works fine.

Now my questions are....

Am I able to upgrade the firmware to like 7.1, 9.0 etc? I want themes and other features.
Am I able to backup my whole CFW installation so I can easily restore when I want to get back to CFW if I ever remove CFW?
Is it possible to run the applications that are for CFW, without going to system settings, profile etc?

If this is illegal etc, then I'm sorry.

StriderVM

Trophies
XP
Country
Am I able to upgrade the firmware to like 7.1, 9.0 etc? I want themes and other features.
Nope. In CFW you're stuck in 4.5

Am I able to backup my whole CFW installation so I can easily restore when I want to get back to CFW if I ever remove CFW?
Technically the CFW doesn't modify your sysNAND in any way as it uses a modified emuNAND and boots to it thru an exploit. So to remove the CFW, just format the SD Card as it has the emuNAND.

Is it possible to run the applications that are for CFW, without going to system settings, profile etc?
Nope, because the "CFW" is basically just a modified emuNAND.

StriderVM

Trophies
XP
Country
Nope. So generally 4.5 firmware games or lower. With some exceptions. :(

Also you can't use the emuNAND into another 3DS because it's based on your sysNAND, it will not boot correctly in another 3DS.

ItsVoid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Also, possible to automatically boot to CFW? Probaly not but its worth trying to ask

If not, is there any other good CFW? Might try GovaniY's one since https://gbatemp.net/threads/just-what-is-possible-in-full-softmod-no-gw-flashcart-cfw.385962/

NOTES:
  • This method is still a little Glitchy. Booting into Palantine CFW may take multiple attempts. (You'll know it succeeds when the bottom screen flashes when executing the DS Profile Exploit. If not, just hold the power button to turn it off and try again.)

"Booting into Palantine CFW may take multiple attempts."

ItsVoid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Palantine CFW is the same as GovaniY and more stable. you can't automaticallyon CFW.

ninjhax exploit can't launch pirate games.

I know that it cant launch pirated games, but it has homebrew right?

ANOTHER QUESTION! (so many o;)

I can just increase the partition size gateway made, right?

Koryushin

Trophies
XP
Country
France
hehe ;)
Gateway made a partition to store the emunand. you can't acces it and don't need to increase it.

Yes ninjhax can launch homebrews, but tou need a retail card on firmware higher than 4.X.
4.X firmware can you a .cia to launch homebrews.

ItsVoid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hehe ;)
Gateway made a partition to store the emunand. you can't acces it and don't need to increase it.

Yes ninjhax can launch homebrews, but tou need a retail card on firmware higher than 4.X.
4.X firmware can you a .cia to launch homebrews.
So I can run homebrew using a .cia file?

ItsVoid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I also want the Gateway yes, but also not.
I dont use my 3ds alot so it would kind of be a money waste.

ItsVoid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Mhm, I like rxtools looking at it ;3
Dont have a second sdcard tho and theres probaly no way to put it on my current sdcard ;/

Buuut, you guys know the answers for everything that I ask hopefully, soooo
Is it possible? xD
Looking at the site it says it uses a different .dat name thing, so you can still boot gateway etc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Green name speaks true :P