A few problems getting all the Homebrew to work

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Elliander, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Elliander
    OP

Elliander GBAtemp Fan

Sep 16, 2011
    United States
    Illinois
    I'm having a few problems getting everything to work correctly in vWii.

USB Loader GX (as I had on my Wii's SD card. Same files) is able to load emuNAND generated from vWii NAND, but the reset option from the home button results in a black screen freeze that requires unplugging the console. (but selecting to return to Wii menu does work) It also only works in SD mode. Using any of my hard drives results in a freeze on initializing.

Interestingly, WiiWare games with DLC will connect to servers to view that content where it always froze on the Wii. It will even correctly show my Wii points, but it shows the remaining blocks of the true NAND instead and attempting to buy anything this way results in a freeze that requires unplugging.

The screen size of EmuNAND games through USB Loader GX is a bit distorted. There is a black border on the left and right.

Wii64 runs, but can't seem to find the roms. It results in a black screen freeze that requires unplugging if I use the menu to exit, and since the Wii Menu doesn't in this program it isn't really safe since there is no way to properly close it.

FCE Ultra GX has the aspect ratio problem the Homebrew channel had before I installed the alternate forwarder, but even when I installed a forwarder for it the problem persisted. And again, even games that were officially transferred from the Wii to the Wii U like Chrono Trigger has that square screen, which I imagine might be intentional since it was a game made on standard definition.

All in all, the problems are not TOO bad, but if anyone has any ideas to solve these problems I would really appreciate it.