Hacking A few noob questions

TyDye

Linux and 3DS geek
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Will luma3ds 8.1.1 and B9S work on system version 8.1. If not what is the lowest system version that works with luma 8.1.1 and B9S

2.where is a nice guide to downgrading

3. How do I use my emunand

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
1)B9S Will work on all versions, and it can be installed on all versions thanks to NTRBoot. Luma however, will require some custom files in order to work on old versions (4.5 and lower I believe)
2)Why would you want to downgrade?
3)Do you have an emuNAND?

TyDye

Linux and 3DS geek
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1)B9S Will work on all versions, and it can be installed on all versions thanks to NTRBoot. Luma however, will require some custom files in order to work on old versions (4.5 and lower I believe)
2)Why would you want to downgrade?
3)Do you have an emuNAND?

When you say 4.5 or lower do you mean I'll need files if I run system version 4.5 or lower or I'll need to run luma4.5 to make it work on system version 8.1

Also you didn't even answer question 2

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
When you say 4.5 or lower do you mean I'll need files if I run system version 4.5 or lower or I'll need to run luma4.5 to make it work on system version 8.1
https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Installation-and-upgrade
Also you didn't even answer question 2
I believe that only experienced users should downgrade, and I also believe that someone should downgrade if they have a valid reason.
The fact that you are asking here for help on how to downgrade says to me that you lack the required skills. Perhaps google next time?

APartOfMe

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Will luma3ds 8.1.1 and B9S work on system version 8.1. If not what is the lowest system version that works with luma 8.1.1 and B9S

1. yes, but there is no reason not to upgrade once you've got luma up and running
2. 3ds.guide
3. you don't need an emunand, but as far as i know it is just like your sysnand

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

dude just how many threads are you planning to create on this topic . . . ? (. . . not rhetorical i want a fuckin' number)
your n2ds can only downgrade to 11.4 (the latest fw at the time of production) too high for gateway (11.2) or any other notable benefit of downgrading so the only logical response is "why do you want to downgrade?" and when asked why you ignore the poster

how about this . . .you tell me why you want to downgrade and i will walk you through it step by step via skype

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, atleast there was some neat filler there