• Yes I can have free games!

Votes: 40 63.5%

• Total voters

Deleted member 129634

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to everyone having problems dumping their nands to your pc try a different card reader, I had this problem with 2 of my card readers but when I tried it on another pc with a built in sd slot it worked perfectly.

x65943

pronouns big/pingus
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to everyone having problems dumping their nands to your pc try a different card reader, I had this problem with 2 of my card readers but when I tried it on another pc with a built in sd slot it worked perfectly.

I can confirm the Targus card reader (bought mine from walmart) works with the nand extractor.

x65943

pronouns big/pingus
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i haven´t tried this

i havent tried boot rednand because of this

It's fine to boot rednand with a broken nand backup, you just have to reset your wiiu. I've done it myself.

Trying to boot rednand may be the best way to tell if your nand backup is broken.

SoraXL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
i have no problem with another pc. but see, the other pc i have is a mac. the sdio nand dumper is only on windows as far i found info

Deleted member 129634

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have no problem with another pc. but see, the other pc i have is a mac. the sdio nand dumper is only on windows as far i found info

you could try tweaking the card reader energy options in device manager or something like that, I'm not sure but this could be windows putting the reader to sleep while the nand dumper is working.

SoraXL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It's fine to boot rednand with a broken nand backup, you just have to reset your wiiu. I've done it myself.

Trying to boot rednand may be the best way to tell if your nand backup is broken.
i booted rednand and nothing went wrong. the only thing i did was to change an icon on the menu to see and when booted it returned to the original place.

Reactions: x65943

TayTayTheKiller

Forever noob
Trophies
XP
Country
That was quick. When dumping the dumper had been counting every single hex one by one (mcl slc and slccmpt) that's why it has taken too long. I reckon the issue has occurred because of my sd card (sandisk ultra 128gb)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yes it worked on the first try and after installed it boots flawlessly without failing.
Funny I'm using a 128gb San disk ultra and got the same issue been all night like 9 hours so far and still not done. The old unstable dumper dumped it in 2 hours or less and worked first try lol.

Last edited by TayTayTheKiller,
Reactions: thaikhoa

TayTayTheKiller

Forever noob
Trophies
XP
Country
Format SD on PC then redo the work, it will be faster :D
I did this, well I formatted using that fat32gui tool put the wiiu folder and fw.IMG back on and booted it. I'm wondering if it slowed down due to retry rates because at first it was going fast but the retry counter kept flicking between 1,2 and 3 like mad. Its going super slow now but the retry is stable and not changing lol

Reactions: thaikhoa

Keylogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I can see a lot of "Installing system config tool" sections on various sites but no one is telling what is it? Do I need to install it? When do I need to launch it? What is it for?

Please make complete tutorials and explain each part

x65943

pronouns big/pingus
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can see a lot of "Installing system config tool" sections on various sites but no one is telling what is it? Do I need to install it? When do I need to launch it? What is it for?

Please make complete tutorials and explain each part

It allows you to use dev options. For instance you can change your wiiu's region.

Now this is a tool endusers really shouldn't play around with - it has a lot of options that can screw things up. You probably don't need to use it.

Ichisuke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm not trying to use rednand but I'd like to understand the "repack games" thing. Does it mean that I can repack an out of region game and install it with wupmod and launch the game directly from home menu? Or not because of this

"Attention: These edited out-of-region titles will NOT boot from SysNAND since the ticket was regenerated during repacking. I believe the original 'legit' ticket won't fix that problem either. If you try to launch these in SysNAND, you'll just encounter errir 199-9999 and may have to restart your Wii U."

Sorry I'm a newbie at this.

Reactions: x65943

x65943

pronouns big/pingus
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not trying to use rednand but I'd like to understand the "repack games" thing. Does it mean that I can repack an out of region game and install it with wupmod and launch the game directly from home menu? Or not because of this

"Attention: These edited out-of-region titles will NOT boot from SysNAND since the ticket was regenerated during repacking. I believe the original 'legit' ticket won't fix that problem either. If you try to launch these in SysNAND, you'll just encounter errir 199-9999 and may have to restart your Wii U."

Sorry I'm a newbie at this.

You can launch them directly from the rednand home menu, not sysnand. Repacking the games just lets you run out of region games without using sysconfig tool everytime you boot rednand.

Reactions: Ichisuke

elmis003

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can someone please help me or make a tutorial for the "repack games" thing from setting up the CAFE_ROOT set in your environment variables that's the part I'm stuck at I have the sdk and everything

KuraudoSutoraifu

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So after compiling dimok's iosuhax I'm a bit confused as to which files to use now.
I have in iosuhax/bin fw.img with crc d674201b and fw.img.full.bin with crc 9f2c91ff but in the root folder I have another fw.img with crc 59cbd6a1.
Which one to use?

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So after compiling dimok's iosuhax I'm a bit confused as to which files to use now.
I have in iosuhax/bin fw.img with crc d674201b and fw.img.full.bin with crc 9f2c91ff but in the root folder I have another fw.img with crc 59cbd6a1.
Which one to use?
Use the one that's in the root of the folder.

Reactions: KuraudoSutoraifu

buhdiego

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I did this, well I formatted using that fat32gui tool put the wiiu folder and fw.IMG back on and booted it. I'm wondering if it slowed down due to retry rates because at first it was going fast but the retry counter kept flicking between 1,2 and 3 like mad. Its going super slow now but the retry is stable and not changing lol

Hey man... tried as you did... formatted my SD card with Fat32GUI and the retry counter keeps flicking between 1 and 2.... i'm worried something is going wrong... tried to format my sd card also with easeUS and the same occurs... but, when i formatted with easeUS, it only flicks on slcmpt (second backup).... i didn't wait till the 3rd... did someone experience the same? and how did you solve it? don't want to wait 1 hour or so to, in the end, everything went bad

;// HELP hahaha

x65943

pronouns big/pingus
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey man... tried as you did... formatted my SD card with Fat32GUI and the retry counter keeps flicking between 1 and 2.... i'm worried something is going wrong... tried to format my sd card also with easeUS and the same occurs... but, when i formatted with easeUS, it only flicks on slcmpt (second backup).... i didn't wait till the 3rd... did someone experience the same? and how did you solve it? don't want to wait 1 hour or so to, in the end, everything went bad

;// HELP hahaha

It's normal for the retry counter to flicker like that. This nand dumper is way more stable than the old one. Let it run its course and don't pay attention to the counters. Trust me, it'll be a good dump.

Reactions: buhdiego

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Gamemaster2022 @ Gamemaster2022: What are we playing today?