37.3%
  2. Yes I can have free games!

37 vote(s)
    62.7%
  1. buhdiego

buhdiego Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    You can install other region games, but you will only load them either via an app that you install after you make the redNAND, (System Config Tools)... or... you can repack the games to be launched on the main menu, but i think it's more work to do... you unpack a game, change a xml file to ID it as the region of your console, repack it again, generate a title ticked and then install on the console and you'll be able to load it directly from the main menu... but, some are having issues when repacking, some can't update the game and more... For me (speaking for myself) i would preffer to load the games via System Config Tools, but I never wanted, untill now, to install other region games on my wii u... but yes... it is possible with redNAND.

Sorry for my english. I'm not a native speaker hehehe ;D

Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
  2. balteck

balteck Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    @BurningDesire, how can I use my key for repacking the title?

I tried to repack the same game more than one time, and I always got a different key in ticket. So it seems that your script uses a random key each time

3. SoraXL

SoraXL Member
    Newcomer

Mexico
    when entering rednand, if I choose to install a game:
    1. the game installs on the rednand. or
    2. the app is installing on sysnand?

4. buhdiego

buhdiego Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    If you have read the guide, you'll see you can choose between Dimok's or Fix94's branch:

1. If you choose the Dimok's branch, you'll have your NAND dumped to the SD card... after that, when you launch the CFW loader and load your emulated NAND (the one dumped to the SD card), after it is launched, every game you install will be installed to the redNAND.

2. If you choose FIX94's branch, it will only apply the patches needed to install unsigned content (games, apps) to your own sysnand (and other patches too). So, even after you launch the CFW fm.img, your games and apps will be installed to the sysNAND. (note that, even if it's installed to the sysNAND, every unsigned installed content will only launch if you load FIX94's again after a system reboot (shutdown and turn on. By unsigned content, we can list DLCs, eShop only games and more... for the good and "old" brazilian usb method, you won't need to use rednand).

Note: If you use Dimok's branch and install your games to the USB, even if you can see the game icon on both sysNAND and redNAND, you'll only be able to launch it where it was originally installed, unless you install it again on the other NAND.

5. MSco

MSco GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    I have no cfw, yet. I installed some titles to my usb drive using the brazilian method.

@BurningDesire
    Will I keep these games and the corresponding savegames, when I use a cfw on RedNAND later? Or will I have to reinstall everything again after installing the custom firmware?

Last edited: Nov 22, 2016
  6. Rodrigo Mafra

Rodrigo Mafra GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    My Sys and RedNAND still linked even after format the sysnand!
    I'v formated sysnand after setting up Rednand, so, i'v downloaded Brain Age to install Haxchi in sys to boot into homebrew from homemenu, but the game show up in both nands!!!
    Does any one knows if I did somethig wrong?

7. GATWYAY3.2

GATWYAY3.2 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    thanks

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
  8. milkybar1983

milkybar1983 Member
    Newcomer

I get this after make command

[email protected]:/home/xxx/dimokiosu# make
    make[1]: Entering directory '/home/xxx/dimokiosu'
    make[2]: Entering directory '/home/xxx/dimokiosu/wupserver'
    arm-none-eabi-ld --script=ccd00.ld -EB -L"/devkitARM/arm-none-eabi/lib" -o wupserver.elf build/font.o build/fsa.o build/imports.o build/ipc.o build/launch_image.tga.o build/logger.o build/main.o build/net_ifmgr_ncl.o build/socket.o build/svc.o build/text.o
    build/text.o: In function `drawSplashScreen':
    text.c:(.text+0x70): undefined reference to `launch_image_tga'
    Makefile:45: recipe for target 'wupserver.elf' failed
    make[2]: *** [wupserver.elf] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/xxx/dimokiosu/wupserver'
    Makefile:29: recipe for target 'wupserver/wupserver.bin' failed
    make[1]: *** [wupserver/wupserver.bin] Error 2
    make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/xxx/dimokiosu'
    Makefile:10: recipe for target 'redNAND' failed
    make: *** [redNAND] Error 2

any ideas?

Draft saved Draft deleted