Gaming A chip in my Xbox360?

Flawsdraw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
any wya to be able to flash without losing warranty? my xbox currently being repaired with the RRoD and don't really want to void it, if not then i guess i'll buy a 2nd hand basic version
smile.gif

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Flawsdraw said:
any wya to be able to flash without losing warranty? my xbox currently being repaired with the RRoD and don't really want to void it, if not then i guess i'll buy a 2nd hand basic version
smile.gif

You can get a hairdryer and put it over the sticker, after 2 minutes or so peel the sticker off and there wont be any damage done to the sticker. Or you can remove it and buy a new one off ebay.

If your 360 is coming back from M$ they might will give you a lite-on which is un flashable.

QUOTE(Unchi-san @ Aug 6 2008, 06:11 PM) i was thinking about getting the new 60gb version (hopefully it is a jasper... but dunno). they definitely have the lite-on drives, but i've heard some people are working on getting those to work w/ backups? I'm willing to wait until they do.... haha

Yeah someone said they are working on a way, no one knows how long and if it will be a success.

MystikEkoez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Darn, I just checked to see what drive I had under the faceplate. It had a yellow wire, so it's a liteon.
frown.gif
Oh well, there's only a couple games I wanna buy anyway.

Devil May Cry 4
Soul Calibur IV
Call of Duty 4
Beautiful Katamari
GTA IV
Tales of Vesperia
Fallout 3
Rock Band 2
Left 4 Dead
Gears of War 2
Mirror's Edge
Onechanbara

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It was c4eva who said he's working on it I think. According to the thread on xbox scene he said this on the #fw channel

i have found some things that are not yet known about the lite-on, it will be done!
lite-on is no longer a question of if but when

Guessing there are others working with him aswell , but if he says it can be done , then it can be done. Hasn't let us down before.

Unchi-san

Unchi on a stick! yay~
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Armadillo said:
It was c4eva who said he's working on it I think. According to the thread on xbox scene he said this on the #fw channel

i have found some things that are not yet known about the lite-on, it will be done!
lite-on is no longer a question of if but when

Guessing there are others working with him aswell , but if he says it can be done , then it can be done. Hasn't let us down before.
i really hope that there will be a fix! In the meantime... I will purchase halo 3 and play it to death haha
btw who is c4eva? is he a known hacker? just wondering...

MystikEkoez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Couldn't I just get a BenQ drive from eBay, swap it with the LiteOn in my 360, flash the BenQ drive and expect it to work?

martin88

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
MystikEkoez said:
Couldn't I just get a BenQ drive from eBay, swap it with the LiteOn in my 360, flash the BenQ drive and expect it to work?
No, you can't, because you can't read Lite-On's firmware and hence can't get the drive key.

Without the drive key, you can't spoof.

MystikEkoez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unchi-san said:
lets hope he can make a hacked firmware that DOESN'T use a modchip. i don't want soldering done!
From what I can tell, he's ALREADY made firmwares for DVD drives. It's just that the LiteOn firmware cannot be read nor edited, therefore impossible to flash.

Unchi-san

Unchi on a stick! yay~
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
MystikEkoez said:
Unchi-san said:
lets hope he can make a hacked firmware that DOESN'T use a modchip. i don't want soldering done!
From what I can tell, he's ALREADY made firmwares for DVD drives. It's just that the LiteOn firmware cannot be read nor edited, therefore impossible to flash.

yeah thats what i was referring to... the lite-on dvd drive hack.

lets hope it comes! ^^

MystikEkoez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, Unchi-san, do you even have a 360? It seemed like you were waiting for the drive hack to come out before you actually purchased one. The new 60GB in particular.

Flawsdraw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Prime said:
Flawsdraw said:
smile.gif

You can get a hairdryer and put it over the sticker, after 2 minutes or so peel the sticker off and there wont be any damage done to the sticker. Or you can remove it and buy a new one off ebay.

If your 360 is coming back from M$ they might will give you a lite-on which is un flashable.

ah damn
frown.gif
oh well hopefully c4eva comes up with that Lite-On hack or i find a cheap second hand xbox
smile.gif
cheers for reply

Unchi-san

Unchi on a stick! yay~
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
MystikEkoez said:
Wait, Unchi-san, do you even have a 360? It seemed like you were waiting for the drive hack to come out before you actually purchased one. The new 60GB in particular.

im getting the 360 this weekend. im just doing my research.

Unchi-san

Unchi on a stick! yay~
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
MystikEkoez said:
You missed a 2 hour opportunity to get a 120GB Xbox Elite on Dell.com today for 299.99.

actually i got in on that =P

slickdeals ftw!

my only concern is that it is not even a falcon chipset, as the holiday bundle is a little old and might include the old school Zephyr chipsets..... =/

im getting one this weekend because i think my family is getting me one from a local store... but if i can get the elite for the same price as they bought, i will get them to return it and give me cash. =P

Unchi-san

Unchi on a stick! yay~
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
MystikEkoez said:
Dude, think about it, the older the better chance it has an older DVD drive.
So silly.

lol dude. YOU don't know what you are talking about. Falcon/Jasper/Zephyr are NOT DVD drives. please do some research before hand.

In fact, I would actually LOVE to have an older DVD drive because then I can flash them (ben-q drives, etc.). The newer xbox 360's have lite-on DVD DRIVES (I think you are getting this mixed up with the chipsets) so i wouldn't want that!

The only concern I have is that it has an older CHIPSET (NOT DVD drive) Zephyr, which causes more RRoD and overheating problems. However I can inspect the system to tell if it has a falcon inside it by looking at the power supply and the flashlight test, so if I do not have a falcon CHIPSET (NOT DVD drive), then I will sell it on craigslist for 300$ brand new (which will easily be sold) and I will get my money back.
Capeeshhhh?

So silly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They really wanna get the head