Hardware 'A' button mushy - how to fix?

R2DJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have the Silver controller with the transforming D-pad and the A button on it has become mushy. Compared to the BXY buttons, it doesn't make a sound when pressed but it still registers fine. Does anyone know what tools do I need to fix this? Is it the button? Those rubber pads inside? I can't really tell as I don't have the screwdriver to open it up.

Also, what kind of screwdrivers do I need to buy?

Thanks

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Torx.....
Torx for sure ;p
Sorry tired and me brain isn't working fully right now.

Anyway you need a small torx screwdriver.
Screw it open and clean the A button slot.
That should fix it ;]

steveroo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'd use some rubbing alcohol with a q tip. While cleaning the A button, clean everything else that looks dirty.... it's fun to see how much sweat you can get off a controller.

slingblade1170

Trophies
Website
xtremehack.net
XP
Country
United States
I have the Silver controller with the transforming D-pad and the A button on it has become mushy. Compared to the BXY buttons, it doesn't make a sound when pressed but it still registers fine. Does anyone know what tools do I need to fix this? Is it the button? Those rubber pads inside? I can't really tell as I don't have the screwdriver to open it up.

Also, what kind of screwdrivers do I need to buy?

Thanks

If you don't have a torx then you can use a very small flathead screwdriver and wedge it between 2 sides and the pin in the middle of the screw. Its extremely easy to do after you get one or two of them out it is smooth sailing from there. Once you get the controller open i suspect is the rubber buttons maybe in the wrong place or may have dust/dirt blocking the A button.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/