Hacking A broken Acekard 2i

BPM

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had purchased an Acekard 2i from DealExtreme back in April of this year. Near the end of August, it started malfunctioning.

Acekard2i.jpg

1. Proof of DSi and Acekard 2i.
2. Proof of DSi firmware wasn't upgraded yet (at the time of taking these pictures; still isn't updated)
3. Acekard shows up normally in the DSi menu, but...
4. When I launch it, it always went to this error message.
5. How it appears in the DS Lite main menu. Odd, isn't it?

And I know it isn't an issue with the microSD card slot, since it would still go to the "LOADING" screen if there was no microSD inserted. It was simply busted.

So, I decided to take the issue to DealExtreme's (SLOOOOOOOOOOOOWPOKE) customer support. They seemed to ignore the fact that the Acekard official site states they have a one-year warranty FOR ANY REASON for ANY OFFICIAL ACEKARD. After a few emails back and forth of persistence, they offered me $5 store credit. For a replacement, I'd have to pay to ship it to them. Wasn't worth it to pay for shipping for a broken item (doesn't do me or DX any good to have it; thing's dead), so I ended up buying a replacement on September 29 (which was only about $7).

I guess the moral of the story is go to DealExtreme if you want the lowest prices possible, but not if you want fast delivery or quality customer service.

So, until I get the replacement Acekard, I've been stuck with using my CycloDS on my DS Lite, which wouldn't be so bad if the DS Lite wasn't a piece of easily broken garbage. :|

spitfire7001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly this all sounds like a problem with the microSD card slot on the cart, did it click in? I remember mine at first didn't feel like it would go that far down until I gave it a good shove and it clicked.

BPM

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hadriet said:
cool story bro.
Why, thank you. It is a pretty cool story, huh bro?

spitfire7001 said:
Honestly this all sounds like a problem with the microSD card slot on the cart, did it click in? I remember mine at first didn't feel like it would go that far down until I gave it a good shove and it clicked.
Yeah, I'm certain that the microSD went in all the way. But, I'm certain that isn't the issue. Even without a microSD inserted, the Acekard "LOADING" screen would still show up.

QUOTE(anaxs @ Oct 4 2009, 09:24 AM)
its probably a system file issue, it might be corrupted or something
try downloading again to see if it works
I really don't think that'd help. Thanks for the attempt to help, though.

Oh, something else... Before it stopped working entirely, it would behave oddly. Sometimes it'd boot, sometimes it'd show that error message above. Occasionally, it'd crash when trying to save a game, or when trying to wake up from sleep mode. To put it simply, this Acekard is no more. It has ceased to be. It has expired and gone to meet its maker. This is a ex-Acekard.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: What's your thoughts?