Gaming 999 Help [SPOILERS]

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a 999 thread so there will be spoilers.

Anyway, I need help not so much with the game, but what I should do now that I've beaten it. I beat almost every ending and then finally the true ending, but I hadn't beaten the Axe ending yet and thus went back to do it. Then I got it and wish I had done that before I got the true ending, so my question is...what should I do to feel a little less depressed about the Axe ending (especially because Clover was my favorite character, right next to Snake and Santa)?

Coconut

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
... Are you really serious about this??
rofl.gif

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
HaniKazmi said:
Go play Ever17
Now.
IT's better than 999 in almost every way.

hmm... i'm playing Ever17, and i'm not that excited to play the game, so i can play for 3-4 hours most then i read manga or do something else.
I'm not saying it's bad or boring, i'm just not that interested i guess...

i'm currently in takeshi restoration. Will the game get more exciting further?

sorry for talking about Ever17 here.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Which ending should I strive for first? I haven't started the game yet, so do I just play through randomly first then try for a specific ending on my second try?

Also, how do you keep Snake alive? He's the only character out of this ragtag bunch I like (I watched a friend of mine play, so don't ask how I know these things).

And yes, I know I put that in spoiler tags.

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
@Sora try to get all endings first. it's fun. seeing them die is normal.
my first was the knife ending, then the sub. not knowing the end is fun.

don't worry. in the true ending only out of the 9 of you, only 1 and 9 die.

even though i'll include a path tree in my post. i didn't look for one when i played before until i hit a dead end and keep repeating the same endings.
999zo.jpg

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Narayan said:

even though i'll include a path tree in my post. i didn't look for one when i played before until i hit a dead end and keep repeating the same endings.
999zo.jpg
Oh no! My friend just went through the 8 door yesterday, if I heard her correctly. She swore there was no other door that led to the true ending, too...

Do you have a path tree that tells how to keep characters alive?

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
that path tree is all you need. i think if someone dies, it's part of the story otherwise it's a game over.

the green boxes are conditions you have to do. and regarding the true ending, you need to finish the safe ending first on the far right of the path tree. otherwise she'll just arrive on the coffin ending. also if you finished the safe(4th) ending before getting the coffin, when you finish the true ending, you'll get both the true ending and the coffin.

about the 8 door. which path did she take?

i really like the submarine ending.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sora de Eclaune said:
Narayan said:

999zo.jpg
Oh no! My friend just went through the 8 door yesterday, if I heard her correctly. She swore there was no other door that led to the true ending, too...

Well let me tell you this. It's impossible to get the true ending unless you get the bookmark and learn about All ice/Alice from Akane as it plays a major part later. You have to go through door 8 to get the true ending...kind of. You have to go through door 8 to get the safe ending which you MUST GET before you get the true ending, otherwise if you try to get the true ending you'll just get the coffin ending, which is a to be continued moment. When you do get the True ending you also get the Coffin ending, so no reason to do both.

tl;dr, get the safe ending first and then go for the true ending.

QUOTE(Narayan @ May 14 2011, 02:21 PM)

don't worry. in the true ending only out of the 9 of you, only 1 and 9 die.[/spoiler]
Spoilers for the True Ending:
No...1 stays alive, the only ones who die are 9 and 6.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
Sora de Eclaune said:
Narayan said:

999zo.jpg

Well let me tell you this. It's impossible to get the true ending unless you get the bookmark and learn about All ice/Alice from Akane as it plays a major part later. You have to go through door 8 to get the true ending...kind of. You have to go through door 8 to get the safe ending which you MUST GET before you get the true ending, otherwise if you try to get the true ending you'll just get the coffin ending, which is a to be continued moment. When you do get the True ending you also get the Coffin ending, so no reason to do both.

tl;dr, get the safe ending first and then go for the true ending.

QUOTE(Narayan @ May 14 2011, 02:21 PM)

don't worry. in the true ending only out of the 9 of you, only 1 and 9 die.[/spoiler]
Spoilers for the True Ending:
No...1 stays alive, the only ones who die are 9 and 6.
Wait, I think I saw her get the Ice 9 explanation and all that jazz. I don't want her to get the coffin ending and feel cheated (she saw a walkthrough that explained what doors to go through to get the true ending, but it wasn't explained that you had to get the safe ending first)... I'll just tell her that I saw another walkthrough and it was wrong, that she had to go through door 2 next... If it's too late, I guess I can get her to do the wrong thing at that one event and cause the axe ending.

Oh. Nevermind. She just called to tell me she got the coffin ending, and ended up blabbing to me wondering how you can get two different endings from the same choices. Blahblahblah, I told her she had to get the safe ending first.... She said she wasn't going to save, and that she was going to get the safe ending from the last point she saved at. I tried to tell her it was too late to get the safe ending if she was already at the captain's corpse, but she didn't listen. She kept insisting she'd just go back, open the safe, and it would unlock the true ending. Now, I don't know what she's talking about..... I even explained that she'd have to go back in time and choose door 5 first, but she said she didn't like the number five, therefore she'd get the ending without door 5.

She gets so irrational when she's angry.

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
@machomuu
hmm... 6 is alive. she's with 3 on another car. yeah i forgot 1 is alive. he's on the trunk.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
DarkShinigami said:
WiiBricker said:
HaniKazmi said:
Go play Ever17
Now.

Is this available for DS somehow? Maybe a port with the visual novel homebrew is possible?
no but i think not sure but someone made a homebrew port for psp.

Anyone can give me a link where I can buy the a digital version of the PC game?

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
WiiBricker said:
DarkShinigami said:
WiiBricker said:
HaniKazmi said:
Go play Ever17
Now.

Is this available for DS somehow? Maybe a port with the visual novel homebrew is possible?
no but i think not sure but someone made a homebrew port for psp.

Anyone can give me a link where I can buy the a digital version of the PC game?
i could give you a download link. or would you rather not involve yourself in piracy?

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Narayan said:
@machomuu
hmm... 6 is alive. she's with 3 on another car. yeah i forgot 1 is alive. he's on the trunk.
MAJOR SPOILER
You do know 6 isn't Akane, right? The person who was 6 was the "captain", who's watch read 0 IIRC

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: wsg boys