Hacking 9.3.0-21 Nintendo 3DS Update Released

fatboynate

Bringer of Freedom
Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
because you are cheap? lol just kidding im with ya, after the gateway became the ultimate pirate tool i havent bought a game since, i have like 5 games and i am buying only the ones that i think its worth it

ill still buy a game, whether i can get it free or not, do you guys think mario or sonic, assassins creed, gta would ever have gotten sequels if they had really bad sales?

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country
ill still buy a game, whether i can get it free or not, do you guys think mario or sonic, assassins creed, gta would ever have gotten sequels if they had really bad sales?

thats why its really a myth that piracy is the reason no good games release on a console, its a minority that pirate everything

Reactions: fatboynate

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think gta is going to get played out, Assassins creed seems to be holding on well with there gameplay and storyline, mario is a classic so can't go wrong there, sonic..........only spins and collects rings but its still cool to play every once in a while. Sega is definitely better at software.

D

Deleted-355425

My new 3ds came with 9.0.
There are reports of PAL Aus N3DS coming with 9.2 firmware and that means it's taken roughly 4 weeks or so to go from 9.0 > 9.2 if you want a gateway on a N3DS I would buy one right away.. 9.3 out the factory will be within the next 30th days or so I reckon.

Edit: owner got it wrong, panic over for now

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I think gta is going to get played out, Assassins creed seems to be holding on well with there gameplay and storyline, mario is a classic so can't go wrong there, sonic..........only spins and collects rings but its still cool to play every once in a while. Sega is definitely better at software.
I'd say Assassin's Creed is pretty played out too. I don't see the point in grinding out one assassination quest after another with only horrible story writing tying the next samey experience to the previous. AC games look pretty enough, I suppose, but IMO Shadow of Mordor and the first two Batman Arkham games outdid Assassin's Creed in every category.

A trilogy is good enough to wrap up a coherent and well put-together story for any game series, and the vast majority should only need one game to do the same. I mean, there's potentially 40 hours of space to fill with any single game's story, so if you can't make it interesting and complete within that time, it's probably not a story worth telling to begin with.

Reactions: blunt420force

Neglesh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So I just updated my gateway firmware to this newest firmware and nothing works....wish I saw the bloody notice on their website before updating, /sigh.

What do I do? What's the best way to fix this? My real firmware is still on 4.5

boon11123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There are reports of PAL Aus N3DS coming with 9.2 firmware and that means it's taken roughly 4 weeks or so to go from 9.0 > 9.2 if you want a gateway on a N3DS I would buy one right away.. 9.3 out the factory will be within the next 30th days or so I reckon.

Very true, I'm not sure how fast they are selling in Australia but definitely seems like they're going quick. But you're right the sooner you purchase the higher chance you will get a 9.0-9.2 firmware out of the box.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
So I just updated my gateway firmware to this newest firmware and nothing works....wish I saw the bloody notice on their website before updating, /sigh.

Well you could format emuNAND, create a new emuNAND, and update it to like 8.2 using a ROM which includes that firmware update. You wouldn't be able to play anything online or use any online features, but at least you'd have access to playing all 3DS ROMs released thus far. Then you'd just need to wait until Gateway updates their loader to work with 9.3.

D

Deleted-355425

Very true, I'm not sure how fast they are selling in Australia but definitely seems like they're going quick. But you're right the sooner you purchase the higher chance you will get a 9.0-9.2 firmware out of the box.
A huge quantity is being sold by an Australian Company with its store over here (UK) and they are selling like crazy. In and out of stock Dailey.

Sonicx64

任豚好騙!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

ABCDFV posted this on another thread.
You're also the 10,000th person in the past month who updated without a backup. don't feel too bad.​
Ok, so when you are in system nand and launch the ds profile hold down L and the gateway menu will open. In there select "backup nand" after its done running, take your big SD out and stick it in your computer. Copy EVERYTHING off of it, paying attention to the 1gb or so .bin file (maybe nand.bin). That's your system main backup, it requires a hardware mod to restore but people here do the mod. If you experience catastrophic failure it can save you, keep it somewhere safe. Put the sd back in the ds, hold L and launch the ds profile. Select format emunand, it will delete everything off the sdcard and start you with a fresh 4.x emunand. A copy of smash bros will have the 8.1 update, so obtain one of those and put it on your gateway. Launch back in to the DS profile holding only UP on the d-pad. Make sure wifi is turned off. Now when you try to launch smash, it will update to 8.1. Remove your big SD, search this forum for emunand tool. Delete everything on the bigSD, and copy everything from before back on it. In emunand tool click extract emunand. Now you should have your nand backup, emunand backup, and any eshop stuff should show back up (no promises on that one)​

Jysix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Do you guys know if i can still make a gamecard update from 8.1 to 9.0-2 even if my 3DS already downloaded and not installed 9.3 ? (little notification saying that an update is ready to install and answering me yes or on).

Sonicx64

任豚好騙!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you guys know if i can still make a gamecard update from 8.1 to 9.0-2 even if my 3DS already downloaded and not installed 9.3 ? (little notification saying that an update is ready to install and answering me yes or on).

You can format the system and the update should go away. But as of now there is no gamecard update to 9.0-2, you'll have to wait for Gateway and see what they have up their sleeve.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
There is no game cart that has come with a 9.x firmware update yet, so we can't be certain.

Phantom_User

Phantom of Page 666
Trophies
XP
Country
You can format the system and the update should go away. But as of now there is no gamecard update to 9.0-2, you'll have to wait for Gateway and see what they have up their sleeve.
And to format you'll need to update first!

Keep up with the times man, someone may screw up because of misleading information like this.

Reactions: satel and Sonicx64

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Here's my 2 cents about this:
Gateway 3DS said:
Just yesterday system firmware 9.3 was released and after quickly analysing it we want to warn our users *NOT* to update their sysnand to 9.3 or higher if they want to enjoy our upcoming support!
We repeat, DO NOT update sysnand to 9.3 or beyond!
We plan to move forward with the additional support for sysnand firmware range 9.0 – 9.2.
For users that did not update yet in this range, do not worry. We will add support for a firmware range lower than 9.0 which can be installed using a gamecard update.
This may mean that the new Gateway patch will not only support 9.0.0~9.2.0-20 but rather 8.1.0~9.3.0, which may mean that no new hardware is needed.
What's confusing is the "Gamecard update" that they mention. First thought that crosses my mind when reading that is a retail game with 9.0.0~9.2.0-20 pre-installed on the card itself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @HiradeGirl, https://a.co/d/6oECWAh