8Bitdo Nes30 Pro is being a nightmare to set up

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by IAmCaptPlanet, Jan 6, 2017.

1. IAmCaptPlanet
    OP

IAmCaptPlanet Member

Newcomer
    Dec 10, 2016
    United States
    i got it to work as a wiimote as player 2 only in FceuGX, i know it can do WiiU and WiiClassic (ieven played Super Mario Maker on my U with it)

anybody got any hints that will make this easier.

2. IAmCaptPlanet
    OP

IAmCaptPlanet Member

Newcomer
    Dec 10, 2016
    United States
    ok, for anyone else who might be having trouble, you have to get the Extended Firmware for Wii/WiiU

here http://www.8bitdo.com/nes30pro/Extend-firmware.html

now turn your controller off (hold until the yellow light goes off)

then power on and hold y at the same time (this puts it in the Wii/WiiU firmware, but we're still not done)

now hold start and B at the same time (this puts it in Wii Classic mode) start + X is WiiU mode btw (also star + Y is wii-mote mode, but idk why anyone would use that at all)

now (still not finished) you have to do this at the controller options screen, and the 8Bitdo Nes30 Pro will HAVE to be listed as controller 2

now power down your wii, take a battery out of the Wii-mote, power up the wii (on the front of the unit). Hit A on the 8Bitdo Nes30 Pro and you should be in business!!!

dont worry all the menu's are still navigable in Wii Classic mode (it does take some getting used to, without pointing)

tap the power button on the 8Bitdo Nes30 Pro to bring up the finger on the wii channel selection thing then move with the left stick,

then once in the HBC tap the power button again to get control of that menu (and the same i assume for all emulators once you open them)

p.s. here is one more important thing, the sync button (beside the power button on the 8Bitdo Nes30 Pro) is now your Home button.

enjoy

Last edited by IAmCaptPlanet, Jan 6, 2017
    myuuji likes this.