8bitdo FC30 lag?

Discussion in 'Switch - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Zhongtiao1, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Zhongtiao1
    OP

Zhongtiao1 GBAtemp Fan

Feb 24, 2015
    United States
    Has anyone else been experiencing lag while using the d-pad? I've especially noticed it in puyo puyo tetris. Everything else is fine (although the joysticks could be a little less sensitive).

Sent from my Q5 using Tapatalk 2

2. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    None at all. It's been my favorite controller for dpad games. The pro controller has imo Nintendo's worst dpad they've ever made.

3. Zhongtiao1
    OP

Zhongtiao1 GBAtemp Fan

Feb 24, 2015
    United States
    Maybe it has something to do with how far away the controller is. I'm usually sitting about 10-12 feet away from my docked switch and TV

4. kamekaz3

kamekaz3 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 26, 2007
    United States
    I have the NES30 pro. I'm noticing really bad input lag when it's connected with other JoyCons. When it pairs alone, it connects fine. Anyone else have this issue?

5. TheCyberQuake

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    I've used an nes30 pro and a fc30 pro (the limited edition rooster one) both at the same time along with two pairs of joycon and a pro controller (7 player Bomberman) and had no issues.

6. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    You're not the first one I've heard mention this issue, so it's clearly not an isolated incident.
    I can't comment on Switch use because I haven't tried it with my Switch yet, still rocking the Wii/Wii U mode firmware, but from what I've heard it's not an issue specific to the Switch support, it can happen on other devices too. Haven't had any issues with lag when using it on my PC or on Wii/Wii U games myself.
    That could very well be it, the Switch isn't exactly known for good wireless connectivity and it's not an issue limited to the JoyCons as the integrated wifi gets poor signal as well.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye, Jul 4, 2017
  7. HuYingwen

HuYingwen Member

Newcomer
    May 18, 2017
    Switzerland
    Shenzhen
    I perfer the 2.4G wireless pro controller, since the switch console bluetooth performance is not good.

8. Zhongtiao1
    OP

Zhongtiao1 GBAtemp Fan

Feb 24, 2015
    United States
    Good to know, thanks.

I did some more testing and it is somewhat a distance problem. The lag is completely gone from Mario Kart when you are closer than about 6-8 feet, I don't notice any lag in regular tetris, but there still is some when you play the big bang mode.

Sent from my Q5 using Tapatalk 2

9. kamekaz3

kamekaz3 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 26, 2007
    United States
    Is your switch updated to 3.0.0? I remember playing minecraft 3 player fine with it but I think this started after I updated.

10. TheCyberQuake

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Yes I am on 3.0.0

kamekaz3 likes this.
  11. kamekaz3

kamekaz3 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 26, 2007
    United States
    I actually have the rooster version also and the nes30 pro. They work perfectly on PC/android via bluetooth and lag on the switch when there are joycons connected with it. I have two switches as well and they both act the same way. Tried to limit the problem and thought it was the firmware. Well thanks anyway.
    Don't think it's the range issue for me since I tried playing directly next to the switch and it still has unplayable lag to it if it's connected with joycons.

12. DAZA

DAZA Shaun's Mum

Nov 5, 2002
    I have the Nes30Pro and only use it on Recalbox, ive had no issues with lag on it, i dont have anything else to test it on to see different results. Might be worth checking out the updated firmware for the controller to see if it resolves anything and the bluetooth as i connect with the asus BT400 dongle

Good Luck