8bitdo d-pad ... your opinion???

Hanafuda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If any of you are using recent production 8bitdo gamepads, what is your opinion of the d-pad action? I'm trying to decide whether to buy a couple of the SN30 (SNES clone B/T controller) to go with the new Analogue Super NT. Not really sure yet that I'm even going to buy the Super NT, but if I add two controllers it'll cost almost an extra $100. That's fine if they kick ass, not fine if they suck ass. I need superb d-pad and button action, or else I might as well just use my real Super Fami wired controllers w/ extension cords.

Whaddya think??

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If any of you are using recent production 8bitdo gamepads, what is your opinion of the d-pad action? I'm trying to decide whether to buy a couple of the SN30 (SNES clone B/T controller) to go with the new Analogue Super NT. Not really sure yet that I'm even going to buy the Super NT, but if I add two controllers it'll cost almost an extra $100. That's fine if they kick ass, not fine if they suck ass. I need superb d-pad and button action, or else I might as well just use my real Super Fami wired controllers w/ extension cords.

Whaddya think??
The 8Bitdo SNES30's r the best 3rd party BT controllers on the market

Meteor7

Guess where this thumb goes.
Trophies
a fit of spasms and accidental black magic
XP
Country
United States
I only have the NES/FC 30 Pro controllers so I can only speak to the quality of their d-pads, but they have my favorite d-pads of almost any controller I've used. They're not nearly as snappy as d-pads on the original NES controllers, but I think they soundly beat out the d-pads on the SNES controllers, which I found very soft and spongy. They're my go-to controllers for just about everything, and if their newest SNES revisions use the same d-pad, then I'd say they're probably pretty great.

BigPanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
8bitdo controllers are awesome. The fell is exactly the same of a brand new snes controller. I have 2 snes one and 2 nes30 pro and wow. (I used them in usb mode)

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My only issue with the NES30 Pro D-Pad (the only 8bitdo controller I have) is how easy it is to catch a second direction when holding a button. Eg, holding right will usually give me right/up or right/down. It might just be me being bad with the controller though lol.

It feels really good to use, I can say that much. And my irritation aside, I would recommend them if this D Pad is anything to go by.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: I have it in my hands