Hacking 8.0.0 is live

mdmachine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure of the details or all games it applies to, it was related to SDK 7.3.2.0 and its use of MmuFlags. It would appear Atmosphere 0.8.7 fixed this and you no longer need the patch. But maybe this is (or similar) to what Zachy was saying?

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw that there are "fixes" out in the wild that you have to add to atmosphere to get a paticular title working. And it was SDK related.
To use shit that requires a newer SDK version you’d need to patch in shit from newer firmwares, at that point you may as well just use a newer firmware :P

Reactions: mdmachine

phillyrider807

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i have 2 switches. One unhacked i use for online and one modded which is currently on 7.0.1

If i upgrade my unhacked switch to 8.0 i wont have any way of hacking this switch in the future(which doesn't bother me since this is the sole reason i have 2 of them)

My hacked switch if updated to 8.0 once the cfws come out for it will still be able to use autorcm. 8.0 doesn't effect this at all on older unpatched systems

Do i have this right?

1NOOB

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Did i just bricked my switch . I dont get why since i was not connected and had 90dsn but i seem to have updated. I was at work gor my switch out presss a too many time ....... and now i get this

Edit : ok it just doesnt detect anything that work on the sd card. Should i try to shut it down and reload hetake or wait for the files to be release ........im lost a little

Attachments

• IMG_20190416_223857_2.jpg
    IMG_20190416_223857_2.jpg
    540.4 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_20190416_225434_8.jpg
    IMG_20190416_225434_8.jpg
    683.7 KB · Views: 116
Last edited by 1NOOB,

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So i have 2 switches. One unhacked i use for online and one modded which is currently on 7.0.1

If i upgrade my unhacked switch to 8.0 i wont have any way of hacking this switch in the future(which doesn't bother me since this is the sole reason i have 2 of them)

My hacked switch if updated to 8.0 once the cfws come out for it will still be able to use autorcm. 8.0 doesn't effect this at all on older unpatched systems

Do i have this right?
You're right about the hacked one. The unhacked one you didn't specify whether it's patched, but from context I'm guessing it is. If so, you're correct (at least in terms of how things look right now).

Dave_Chad

Trophies
XP
Country
Did i just bricked my switch . I dont get why since i was not connected and had 90dsn but i seem to have updated. I was at work gor my switch out presss a too many time ....... and now i get this

Edit : ok it just doesnt detect anything that work on the sd card. Should i try to shut it down and reload hetake or wait for the files to be release ........im lost a little
My friend's son has done this. I have disabled autorcm and booted into stock 8.0 for now. I've removed his WiFi access points as well.

Sent from my VOG-L09/Huawei P30 Pro

Cortexfou

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I can still access the eshop and play online in v7. But I only stayed a few minutes because I fear that the update will download and install itself. Is it possible to block the download of the update 8 while still being able to download the games update and play online?

in fact, tomorrow, I want to download the update smash and activate my game cuphead but I'm afraid that the update 8 downloads and installs itself: /

Last edited by Cortexfou,

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could be wrong, but I thought I read something about some homebrew that enables games to load regardless of the master keys. Wouldn't that nullify needing to update anyways?

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
To use shit that requires a newer SDK version you’d need to patch in shit from newer firmwares, at that point you may as well just use a newer firmware :P

That all depends on the specifics of the changes to the OS & if there is something stopping you from running the newer firmware. It might be a new library that will run on earlier OS fine, but changes to the new OS that require a lot of changes to CFW.

Sabishinbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I accidentally updated to 8.0 thinking it was a game update. Is there any way I can downgrade from the autorcm/hekate menu or am i out of luck until atmo supports 8.x?

1NOOB

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
im guessing if i restore from my bckup rawnand i loose my saves files progress and go back to the bckup one ? thinking to just let my switch plugged in with hetake until the update for atmosphere is release lol

Aliesn88

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I bought a switch yesterday that is exploitable with fuse-gelee exploit it was running firmware 5.0.0..in didn't now about the 8.0 update, i thought 7.1 was the last update ..so i updated the firmware ..
Can i downgrade to 7.1 ..i don't have nand backup...i didn't have the chance to jailbreak the divice

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
It probably wont last long though :/. If it’s the same as 6.2.0 —-> 7.0.0 was, then it’ll stop working in aboit 12 hours
I’ve just noticed all my online features are still working on 7.0.1 and it’s been well over 24hrs. since my 8.0 pending activated in settings. Also I don’t get any update nags either.

Last edited by Reecey,

Cortexfou

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I’ve just noticed all my online features are still working on 7.0.1 and it’s been well over 24hrs. since my 8.0 pending activated in settings. Also I don’t get any update nags either.
your console doesn't update to 8.0 by itself ? isn't it automatic ?

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes you can downgrade to 7.0.1. Since it didn't blow any fuses.
Folks in the Reswitched Discord are saying 7.0.1->8.0.0 did burn a fuse.
Though I don't see this info reflected on Swithbrew yet.
x0Nbrg9.png

@Sabishinbo
You can downgrade from 8.0.0 to 7.0.1, but if you burned a new fuse for 8.0.0 you'll need to boot with hekate or any other custom bootloader that ignores fuse checks.
Otherwise your switch will not boot.

Edit: It was confirmed that 8.0.0 does not burn an additional fuse, ignore what I posted previously.

Last edited by 8BitWonder,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Oh man don't get the snowflakes worked up +1