76% of People Want an NGP

SPH73

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
76% of the 50 or so people they asked in Japan.

Meanwhile Sega Saturn was pretty big in Japan. And over the past couple of years as the PSP died a horrible death in the rest of the world, PSP sales remained strong in Japan.

Maedhros

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
SPH73 said:
76% of the 50 or so people they asked in Japan.

Meanwhile Sega Saturn was pretty big in Japan. And over the past couple of years as the PSP died a horrible death in the rest of the world, PSP sales remained strong in Japan.
I dunno about the horrible death on the rest of the world, but agree with the sales were better on Japan.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Maedhros said:
SamAsh07 said:
It may have kick-ass features, all that remains a concern is "3rd party support". PSP when it was announced was also considered a giant step to handheld gaming in those days, since it's graphics were better than that of the PS2, when it came out, what happened?? You all know.

So getting hyped over something (voting in polls included) and actually buying it are totally different things. Polls don't mean a thing, unless every gamer on the planet has voted in the poll.
It had sucess where no other portable never had to dream about? Yeah, I kind of saw that too.
When you are competing against a giant in it's own territory, you would be hard pressed to sell something that is considered successful when even after having been on the market for over 4 years and has sold over 35 million units, still lacks anything remotely close to what it's competitor has in terms of game selection. Aside from the fact that they were able to sell so many units is fine since no one else came close in the past, but it's a blip in contrast to the DS sales numbers.

Maedhros

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
DSGamer64 said:
Maedhros said:
SamAsh07 said:
It may have kick-ass features, all that remains a concern is "3rd party support". PSP when it was announced was also considered a giant step to handheld gaming in those days, since it's graphics were better than that of the PS2, when it came out, what happened?? You all know.

So getting hyped over something (voting in polls included) and actually buying it are totally different things. Polls don't mean a thing, unless every gamer on the planet has voted in the poll.
It had sucess where no other portable never had to dream about? Yeah, I kind of saw that too.
When you are competing against a giant in it's own territory, you would be hard pressed to sell something that is considered successful when even after having been on the market for over 4 years and has sold over 35 million units, still lacks anything remotely close to what it's competitor has in terms of game selection. Aside from the fact that they were able to sell so many units is fine since no one else came close in the past, but it's a blip in contrast to the DS sales numbers.
PSP has a lot of million sellers, what you're talking about?

It lacks compared to the DS, but it's still good and sucessfull. That's exactly what I said on my post.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Saken said:
I'm a bad troll derp derp derp derp.

fix'd.

QUOTE(FireGrey @ Feb 10 2011, 01:08 PM) This is just a pointless survey.
Pretty much everyone that bothers to take the test would want it, right?

You'd be surprised at the amount of haters that adamantly hate Sony or anything outside their normal brand.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Guild McCommunist said:
You'd be surprised at the amount of haters that adamantly hate Sony or anything outside their normal brand.
7.9%, apparently
laugh.gif

TheTwoR's

Yay I can finally edit this thingy :D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Guys this is freaking retarded.
Obviously a survey about wanting an NGP would attract mostly people who DO want it.
What I'm saying is, people like me, who don't want an NGP, wouldn't typically bother and take a survey like that, and that's why the majority of people who DID take the survey want the NGP.
Lol I hope I made my point clear
tongue.gif

Gh0sti

iOS Guru
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is only stats of japan i would like to see the stats for USA and other parts of the world,
here is my list of why i wont get the ngp
1. price 3DS will be cheaper plus no 3G for me to buy
2. durability (going to drop it once in awhile, i have with all my other nintendo hand helds starting with original game boy)
3. 3rd party support (Nintendo lineup looking great for 3RD party support
4. price of games prob going to be cheaper
5. sony sucks with latest court cases and trying to f*** with everyone and being a pain in the ass

Fireballo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All the people who say "that thing sucks I'm not buying it" are going to shit their pants when the see the game line up and get a chance to use the rear tough pad and dual analog nubs. This is also likely to be the first handheld that will be able to handle Gamecube, and PS2 emu. I think 76% sounds about right unless you're taking about the blind Nintndo sycophants that hang out here. as for me I'll be having a blast playing my GC games on my NGP.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Fireballo said:
All the people who say "that thing sucks I'm not buying it" are going to shit their pants when the see the game line up and get a chance to use the rear tough pad and dual analog nubs. This is also likely to be the first handheld that will be able to handle Gamecube, and PS2 emu. I think 76% sounds about right unless you're taking about the blind Nintndo sycophants that hang out here. as for me I'll be having a blast playing my GC games on my NGP.
I'll buy one in four years time when it's hacked and got emulators running
smile.gif
heh

PS2 would be nice and xbox maybe a little difficult
unsure.gif

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Fireballo said:
I'll be having a blast playing my GC games on my NGP.

No, you'll be sitting around waiting for years waiting for someone to hack it, then sitting around waiting while people try and code the emulators you want for it.

Funny that the selling point you focus on the most is the vague possibility of it being able to play Nintendo games.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Until there's confirmation of good 3rd party releases (that aren't shooters or casual games), I don't want this, Sony isn't too good with their first party titles unlike Nintendo.

jonesman99

GBAtemp's Official ArchAndroid
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I bought a PSP for 2 reasons.

1: I absolutely had to buy and play MM Maverick Hunter X! That game made me feel good, down there.
blush.gif
and...

2: The homebrew/emulation scene was popping.

If I find out the specs inside the NGP, and if the "scene" for this will be as good or better than the PSP's, then I will definitely invest, ... In a used one. Sony is not getting any of my money after the stunts they have been pulling lately.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Fireballo said:
3rd party support is going to be amazing because developers will be able to make NGP and PS3 games simultaneously, development stations will only take 20 minutes to set up. The developers are all saying that the NGP is a developers dream and are getting in line to make games for the NGP.
Yeah I can't wait. The NGP will have all the games I can play at home with a dualshock on a huge HDTV and nothing else.

QUOTE(Fireballo @ Feb 10 2011, 03:23 PM) All the people who say "that thing sucks I'm not buying it" are going to shit their pants when the see the game line up and get a chance to use the rear tough pad and dual analog nubs. This is also likely to be the first handheld that will be able to handle Gamecube, and PS2 emu. I think 76% sounds about right unless you're taking about the blind Nintndo sycophants that hang out here. as for me I'll be having a blast playing my GC games on my NGP.
Yeah, duh. If it gets homebrew, I'm getting it. Otherwise it will not emulate any of that except maybe the odd PS2 game, just as the PSP played PS1 games.

Fireballo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Midna said:
Fireballo said:
3rd party support is going to be amazing because developers will be able to make NGP and PS3 games simultaneously, development stations will only take 20 minutes to set up. The developers are all saying that the NGP is a developers dream and are getting in line to make games for the NGP.
Yeah I can't wait. The NGP will have all the games I can play at home with a dualshock on a huge HDTV and nothing else.

QUOTE(Fireballo @ Feb 10 2011, 03:23 PM) All the people who say "that thing sucks I'm not buying it" are going to shit their pants when the see the game line up and get a chance to use the rear tough pad and dual analog nubs. This is also likely to be the first handheld that will be able to handle Gamecube, and PS2 emu. I think 76% sounds about right unless you're taking about the blind Nintndo sycophants that hang out here. as for me I'll be having a blast playing my GC games on my NGP.
Yeah, duh. If it gets homebrew, I'm getting it. Otherwise it will not emulate any of that except maybe the odd PS2 game, just as the PSP played PS1 games.
There's an old saying "to assume is to be an idiot" You're assuming a lot buy making an uninformed statement. That makes you an idiot. If you read the plan is to make different games for each platform simultaneously but fuck it if you're into dual shock and big screens then don't buy any hand held. It's a pretty thin "stupid" argument to say if the graphics are really good then it's not going to be a good heandheld game. If that were the case Atari would still be selling loads of their Lynx systems.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/34203/Tomb_Raider_Definitive_Survivor_Trilogy/ mmm