76% of People Want an NGP

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Maedhros, Feb 9, 2011.

Feb 9, 2011

76% of People Want an NGP by Maedhros at 7:29 PM (4,043 Views / 0 Likes) 64 replies

1. Maedhros
    OP

Member Maedhros GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Brazil
    Source: Andriasang (http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/02/08/flying_get_mega/)

2. SamAsh07

Member SamAsh07 GBAtemp Addict

Bahrain
    It may have kick-ass features, all that remains a concern is "3rd party support". PSP when it was announced was also considered a giant step to handheld gaming in those days, since it's graphics were better than that of the PS2, when it came out, what happened?? You all know.

So getting hyped over something (voting in polls included) and actually buying it are totally different things. Polls don't mean a thing, unless every gamer on the planet has voted in the poll.

3. dinofan01

Member dinofan01 Misses the old days...

United States
    i hate useless surveys like these. Of course people want it! To want something is completely different then buying it. Hell if your giving me a my little pony ill take it! Why? cuz its not like im paying for it so ill take it! Would I buy it? No. Wait to see the sales if people reallly want it.

4. Fireballo

Banned Fireballo Banned

United States
    3rd party support is going to be amazing because developers will be able to make NGP and PS3 games simultaneously, development stations will only take 20 minutes to set up. The developers are all saying that the NGP is a developers dream and are getting in line to make games for the NGP.

5. Ikki

Member Ikki GBATemp's grumpy panda.

Uruguay
    Well, it's normal for people to want stuff. I want a PS2 and I won't buy it since I'm saving for the 3DS

Does it say somewhere what the objective of the poll was?

What kind of japanese pumped PSP are you talking about?

6. Maedhros
    OP

Brazil
    It had sucess where no other portable never had to dream about? Yeah, I kind of saw that too.

7. SamAsh07

Member SamAsh07 GBAtemp Addict

Bahrain
    We'll see how much its "supported" considering Sonys "PS3" is no more a "secure" system. And with Sony gone nuts about the PS3 homebrew scene, I doubt the NGP will have any bright future, since hackers will want to hack it day 1, to annoy Sony to death.

8. Hero-Link

Member Hero-Link Hero of Derrr

Portugal
    success? not much! only one game actually sold in Japan, and you all know it was Monster Hunter. All other "big" games kinda flopped a little.

Although i do like the PSP, it has some great gems (have one myself). But the NDS has way better games.

9. Fireballo

Banned Fireballo Banned

United States
    If developers stopped making games for hacked systems Nintendo would have gone out of business a long time ago. I'd be surprised if developers turned their nose up at something as absolutely kick ass as the NGP. I'm waiting for full speed N64 emu. Oh hell yea I'll buy one.

10. Maedhros
    OP

Brazil
    Sorry, but flopped a little... I don't see that. You're trying to compare the sales with the DS ones, that's not right.
    As someone who have the two, I don' say I agree. That's totally based on oppinions, you can't determine who's the better like this.

Not much success don't even exist, it was huge because it sold well on a market dominated by Nintendo (people even choose how of them they'll buy, that alone already show it was a success).

11. shakirmoledina

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Tanzania
    well there is a difference between want and will get... its kinda difficult to get it if it turns out to have fewer games than they expected (though i dont believe tht will happen)
    then again, i also want an NGP... its definitely a good system
    by the way 25000 YEN is 300$ approx, 35000 is 425$ and 30000 is 365$ approx (in US)... which means if ppl really are wanting to buy this for less than 30000 and if the leaked price is correct, this is gonna rock them

12. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Well "want" and "would buy" are two different things.

As thrilled as I am about the NGP, I still have my doubts on how well it'll sell. Hopefully it'll sell well and the software will do well too. I know I'll be buying one for sure.

13. Giga_Gaia

Member Giga_Gaia Shinigami

Canada
    How much of those 76% will actually get it? Probably not even half. There is a difference between wanting and getting it.

14. Depravo

Global Moderator Depravo Jaded curmudgeon

United Kingdom
    The majority of people who can be bothered to complete a survey in a games magazine want a newly announced handheld console? It's hardly a shocker, is it?

15. Maedhros
    OP

Brazil
    This fucking E3, why the wait is so long? =(

EDIT: Oh, there's GDC too... but I doubt they'll show something new there... at least it's something to look for.

16. DiscostewSM

Member DiscostewSM GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    I actually think this is a bad decision. To have the same game on both won't give either system something unique, and most people won't buy the same game more than once if they already have more than one system it can come out on. A game may be more suited for a big screen, or for a mobile experience. To try and push both experiences into the same game may result in the game not being optimal for either setting.

17. godreborn

Member godreborn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    and what's the percentage of those who want one just to break it?

18. Maedhros
    OP

Brazil
    herpderp pacento (%)

19. machomuu

Member machomuu Drops by occasionally

United States
    Makes sense, I mean LBP PSP probably did wonders for Media Molecules' sales.

20. Sterling

Member Sterling GBAtemp's Silver Hero

United States
    http://gizmodo.com/#!328884/8-reasons-...overtake-the-ds

Granted this article is from 2005 and the numbers are different, but it looks as though Sony may be making the same mistakes.