Gaming 6.20 Savegame exploit found

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
PSPSlimHacks said:
Here’s the facts, PSPJoke has found a real save game exploit for firmware 6.20 Quite a few top people in the scene are now working on this Firmware 6.20 save game exploit. Its confirmed working on the PSP-1000,PSP-2000, PSP-3000 and yes even the Go for now (till Sony removes it from PSN, when they find it). This is not a fake! The team behind this are now working on a form of HEN or Eloader. No word on if they will publicly release it and the info behind it.

No files or videos are out at this stage as proof. But many trust-able people in the scene have confirmed it works so that is enough. And being that fact its a save game exploit of a certain PSN/UMD title once Sony find out they will patch it within hours…This half the issue if your a PSP Go owner after theexploit. I’m afraid too many people are getting there sticky fingers in this one and its spreading like wild fire.

We don’t know what the game its is, but its on UMD so PSP owners with a UMD drive are safe (stay on 6.20!). I suggest you keep up with the latest news incase its leaked in order to grab a copy before Sony patch it or remove it from PSN.

Known Facts:

* Its a working save game exploit
* Works on all PSP’s FW 6.20
* Its not a fake, proven by respected PSP scene dev’s
* The game is on PSN and UMD
* User-mode level exploit (Emulators, homebrew etc)

And yes in many ways its will be like the grip shift exploit, UMD copies of this game will sell for stupid amounts once its made public….

So get ready for a new wave of xxxxx save game exploits
wink.gif

P.S Thanks for everyone that alerted us to this news as soon as it hit the fan.
Source

So we should soon have a HEN for all PSPs (yes, even you Go!) which could pave way for a tethered PSP Go hack (until Sony remove the game from PSN, update their firmware and put it back up as requiring 6.30)

Before noobs colonise the thread THERE IS NO HEN FOR 6.20 ON ANY PSP YET!!!

Also at the side: mpg187, is this a good enough reason to update? Told you nobody was working on 5.7

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Jamstruth said:
So we should soon have a HEN for all PSPs (yes, even you Go!)

PSP Go's have different firmware to 1K/2K/3K

QUOTE(Jamstruth @ Feb 4 2010, 06:39 PM) Also at the side: mpg187, is this a good enough reason to update? Told you nobody was working on 5.7

I lol'd.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ah, that's good news. My sister just got a PSP-2000 with the newest firmware on it. Now I can misuse it for homebrew
smile.gif
I don't really care about PSP games though.

Jamstruth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
deanxxczx said:
Jamstruth said:
So we should soon have a HEN for all PSPs (yes, even you Go!)

PSP Go's have different firmware to 1K/2K/3K

I know they do but the hack is (supposedly) confirmed working on all PSPs including the Go (at least until it gets blocked from PSN) meaning that a HEN is certainly possible for the Go as well.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
a) It's a game save hack and will be patched in 10 seconds. This is fine for those PSP 2000 and 3000's which need a downgrade to 5.03 for the temp cfw as they can use the UMD. For the Go it'll amount to nothing.
b) It's usermode....no ISO's and patchy homebrew support depending upon what functions can be called.
c) It's not come to anything at all yet....

Here's the REAL source...it's a couple of days old now, and if Silverspring and co aren't all over it i wouldn't get your hopes up.

Jamstruth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
This could enable PSP 3000 users with a firmware higher than 5.03 to at least run homebrew and possibly downgrade for proper CFW features (6.xx firmware is still being worked on for fully hackable PSPs let alone semi-hackable) The game is apparently on UMD as well as PSN so there should be no problems on 3000s

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: brb