Hacking 6.20 "method" has been released!

Elem3ntal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Exploit for 5.55 and newer FW will be released eventually.If hackers are defeat Denuvo as one of the most secured DRM protection than we can expect anything.It's just a matter of time and we need to wait.I also wanted new exploit to be released not just for playing PS4 games,but to run emulators like RetroArch and it would be great to have ability to run android apps and games too.Patience is a virtue.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Exploit for 5.55 and newer FW will be released eventually.
Could take years.. I can wait, but can the "eta wen" crowd? lol nope.
It's just a matter of time and we need to wait.
Sound advice :)
I also wanted new exploit to be released not just for playing PS4 games,but to run emulators like RetroArch and it would be great to have ability to run android apps and games too.
lol what? you dont need higher KEX to do those things (you obviously do for piracy...), although android on a ps4 wont happen imho... unless you linux/VM and use bluestacks... why though idk...
Patience is a virtue.
Again good advice :)

Reactions: Elem3ntal

RyoX9

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have Retroarch on serveral devices already but PS4 is a powerhouse. It’s very exciting times!

I don’t have a pc to play games, and I don’t have a second PS4, but I daily witness beggars banging on for “5.55 hax” just to play games... it’s tiring.

The scene is not about playing the latest games right now.

It’s about growing homebrew, and the progress they’re making behind the scenes with Mira plug-ins and system tools alone is astounding.

Every generation has a golden firmware, and 5.05 is that for PS4.

If it’s no good, it’s simple: don’t be a part of it and the best advice I can give for people (anyone) who doesn’t like it is to sell your console and buy a pc, or buy the legit games on latest OFW and enjoy them.

@aos10 you can use save mounter.
just wondering what type of mira plugins and will retroarch run better on ps4 pro than normal ps4? as i had trouble running ps2 games hope that will be fixed any time soon,

Sunnyboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have Retroarch on serveral devices already but PS4 is a powerhouse. It’s very exciting times!

I don’t have a pc to play games, and I don’t have a second PS4, but I daily witness beggars banging on for “5.55 hax” just to play games... it’s tiring.

The scene is not about playing the latest games right now.

It’s about growing homebrew, and the progress they’re making behind the scenes with Mira plug-ins and system tools alone is astounding.

Every generation has a golden firmware, and 5.05 is that for PS4.

If it’s no good, it’s simple: don’t be a part of it and the best advice I can give for people (anyone) who doesn’t like it is to sell your console and buy a pc, or buy the legit games on latest OFW and enjoy them.

@aos10 you can use save mounter.

I think it never will be, stay on 5.05 if you wanne play those games

Reactions: KiiWii

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
just wondering what type of mira plugins and will retroarch run better on ps4 pro than normal ps4? as i had trouble running ps2 games hope that will be fixed any time soon,

I would imagine pro would have some performance gain over standard consoles, but it remains to be seen yet.

I have an OG 500gb and PS2 games run great, haven’t noticed too many issues on games I’ve wanted to play, and the wiki lists most issues...

The plug-ins proposed should be two types (embedded into firmware and external), and offer functions similar to the payloads we have already: like Linux loader, and I eventually imagine other ones like spoof, klogging, temp/fan control, cheats, boot tools, and lots more functional things like networking tools, ram/memory editors etc.

Reactions: RyoX9

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nintendo Switch seems to be doing quite well cohabiting without someone being Big Brother holding back the leashes.

Switch is nothing like PS4, especially when it comes to security.

You make it sound like there are finished kernel exploits ready for end users being squirrelled away and held back on purpose... there aren’t.

Math has his own personal 5.5X exploit chain but it’s not anything like what we are used to with 5.05, not without a lot of polish.

WD_GASTER2

Hated by life itself.
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
in my case i feel a bit torn. I am a sucker for homebrew. Detroit be human tho ;.;(the disc is on my desk and it taunts me. lol). :P
its one of those you cant have your cake and eat it situations.
however i love homebrew on consoles and its among the fun stuff to see.
this reminds me of the 3.55 firmware and then eventually things did happen for it allowing me to play discs for later games i bought.

TheRealNGB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just being honest here, I do love me some spoon fed piracy, not that I don't welcome the homebrew advancements, but I just don't need another $300 nes emulator, I got a hacked ps4 to play and archive ps4 exlusives, not pirate 30 year old roms I can on a gazillion other devices.

Switch mod scene is super tempting, but as it is the most play my WiiU gets is a Wii game (Punch-Out) that hasn't had a sequel in 10 years.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
in my case i feel a bit torn. I am a sucker for homebrew. Detroit be human tho ;.;(the disc is on my desk and it taunts me. lol). :P
its one of those you cant have your cake and eat it situations.
however i love homebrew on consoles and its among the fun stuff to see.
this reminds me of the 3.55 firmware and then eventually things did happen for it allowing me to play discs for later games i bought.

That’s exactly what FW situation this is, except we have no keys....

I think best idea is buy a second console, no pad, no hdd, no cables, secondhand, and use the other consoles parts (not the hdd obvs) to play new games on.

I was offered one recently for £70 WITH a hdd, I didn’t have the money then, I need to get one, just waiting for similar offer to come round again. No rush.

Reactions: Mo Poge
D

Deleted User

I think the only response to the "eta wen" crowd is "Sell your 5.5+ PS4 if you must, but buy a 5.05 console or shut up". :D
Then you miss out on titles that require a firmware above 5.05.Selling a higher firmware console for a 5.05 console isnt worth it unless you arent interested in spiderman,rdr2 and kingdom hearts 3.Of course,im not saying 5.05 doesnt have its upsides since there are games that work on a firmware below 5.05 such as god of war and horizen zero dawn aswell as ps2 injection and retroarch,but at this point you need two consoles since they each have somthing the other lacks.Your response should be "Buy a second ps4 with 5.05 or shut up".

Last edited by ,
Reactions: Mo Poge

Mo Poge

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then you miss out on titles that require a firmware above 5.05.Selling a higher firmware console for a 5.05 console isnt worth it unless you arent interested in spiderman,rdr2 and kingdom hearts 3.Of course,im not saying 5.05 doesnt have its upsides since there are games that work on a firmware below 5.05 such as god of war and horizen zero dawn aswell as ps2 injection and retroarch,but at this point you need two consoles since they each have somthing the other lacks.Your response should be "Buy a second ps4 with 5.05 or shut up".

Totally agree with you. Just thinking of those that say they can't afford a second PS4. I mean, look at all the folks complaining about buying a couple of new AAA games, so cost must be a big worry for them, right? :rolleyes:

KiiWii's recommendation of buying a barebones console is a great idea, too, in keeping costs low for owning a second console.

Brenry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no problem waiting on somthing else on a higher fw version.

Dude, you're right. I have been getting myself into that rut where there is overwhelming backlog even from last gen systems that I just can't find the desire to pick a game I haven't played and enjoy it.

I really enjoyed Horizon Zero Dawn, and I discovered this game called God of War it seems ok. You should totally check it out.

Tomassi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If "toxic behavior" really stopped the scene there never would have been a scene on any console in the first place. People acting spoiled about hacks is not new. It even went on during the PS1 era in the late 90's. That's not why there's not a hack, it's because PS4 is f'n hard to hack.

I remember during the PS2/Dreamcast days people would throw fits about games not be released on the internet before release date. But it never stopped the scene from going on.

I believe like every other console ever there will be newer hacks for PS4 eventually even if it's not for years from now.

Can I ask a genuine question as a newbie/not tech-savvy kinda guy? If we are still waiting for a further hack because PS4 is hard to hack, why have we already had one hack? And why can't the exploiters just follow the steps they used for the first exploit and apply them to hacking the newer firmware again?

I'm not trolling, I'm genuinely curious as I know nothing how these things work.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can I ask a genuine question as a newbie/not tech-savvy kinda guy? If we are still waiting for a further hack because PS4 is hard to hack, why have we already had one hack? And why can't the exploiters just follow the steps they used for the first exploit and apply them to hacking the newer firmware again?

I'm not trolling, I'm genuinely curious as I know nothing how these things work.

Imagine the PS4 is a water tight bucket. You find a partial hole in it and find a way to dig into that hole and make it leak water.

Sony then create an update which patches that hole, so there is no longer any possible way to get the same way through.

BPF is patched in 5.5X so we need a completely new vector.

Some bright spark will come up with something one day. But the wait could be years.

https://github.com/Cryptogenic/Expl....05 BPF Double Free Kernel Exploit Writeup.md

Last edited by KiiWii,

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Retroarch, do we have a solid idea of what systems it will be able to run (say on ye olde ps4, not pro)? Dreamcast? Saturn?
I guess PS2 is clearly achievable if the official emulator can do it. Consensus seems to be that PS3 is out of reach.

proffk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
within 1 year of ps4 kernal exploits it went from 4.05,4.55 & 5.05. Thats good in my opinion. At the time 5.05 was released all newer released games worked. Software exploits are becoming harder to obtain & easier to patch because companies have become smarter. Maybe it time to go back to hardware exploits.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs