Hacking 6.2.0 cracked!

Essasetic

General Spectator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Heres to TX releasing the next new "original" update and even more so to people just loosing their shit about it :rofl2:

giphy.gif
Heh. It's for a decent reason. Predicting an announcement in the next few hours.

Sonikkua

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Instead of bickering over TX for $reasons, let's instead be thankful to motezazer and SciresM and everyone else who managed to pull this off

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Dun dun dun.. Which 6.2 cracked thread will win???

I'm partial to this one ;-)

And it was first.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Eh. I think it'll be a while before they come back with something harder. Maybe 7.1.0?

TSEC hasn't been fully pwned, this exploit can be closed and another key generated.

It may have helped if the method for extracting the key had been kept secret.

Last edited by smf,

Essasetic

General Spectator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
TSEC hasn't been fully pwned, this exploit can be closed and another key generated.
Fair point. But since the master key and the PK11 have been cracked. TSEC won't last much longer.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Besides everyone can run CFW again on 6.2.0!

Reactions: Rhokk222

Sonikkua

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Interesting, I wonder if it's as simple as Nintendo just doing a basic one click "generate new key" on their end and an easy fix for changing the way they were able to grab the 6.2.0 key.

If so, you'd have thought motezazer and ScireM would have sat on this a little longer instead of burning the exploit?

Either way, still amusing how fast this all went down.

Last edited by Sonikkua,

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Fair point. But since the master key and the PK11 have been cracked. TSEC won't last much longer.

TSEC is still secured. It's likely they'll bypass it in 6.2 CFW. From now on someone will need to extract the key before each new CFW is released. Nintendo are going to want to make that harder.

It's going to open up some interesting DMCA issues.

Interesting, I wonder if it's as simple as Nintendo just doing a basic one click "generate new key" on their end and an easy fix for changing the way they were able to grab the 6.2.0 key.

If so, you'd have thought they would have sat on this a little longer instead of burning the exploit.

That is why the method was removed from discord.

Last edited by smf,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol