• Replies 46
  • Likes 8

ROYGES

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not as long as you have a 6.1 or lower backup, no.

So, If I want to risk playing Smash Bros online, I should do a Backup (I am on 6.1) before Updating to 6.2 and if I get banned I can just use the back up to be able to use CFW again? See I didn't know that. And another thing I do have a 4.1 back up already but I was told that it was useless now because I updated officially to 6.1, is that still true?

Silver324

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@StarGazerTom or at someone who knows:
Is it possible to use ChoiDujourNX to update on 6.2.0, ignoring the 8th fuse-burn and then always using hekate-bootloader to boot into that new 6.2.0 Original firmware (no CFW but OFW) to eventually bypassing the fuse-check and still using original 6.2.0? Can hekate do that? Or will a fuse-burn still occur although I would use hekate to boot into OFW? Or is it even impossible to use bootloaders on 6.2.0 yet?
In a downgrade-faq regarding 6.2.0 at https://guide.sdsetup.com/#/FW620 is the sentence "If you ever launched your Switch into Horizon without Hekate/fusee/ReiNX/SXOS on firmware 6.2.0, you will have 8 fuses burnt" which could indicate that the opposite of booting into Horizon WITH hekate ignores the 8th fuse-burn.

If someone can comprehend these thoughts, then please answer.

Last edited by Silver324,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@StarGazerTom or at someone who knows:
Is it possible to use ChoiDujourNX to update on 6.2.0, ignoring the 8th fuse-burn and then always using hekate-bootloader to boot into that new 6.2.0 Original firmware (no CFW but OFW) to eventually bypassing the fuse-check and still using original 6.2.0? Can hekate do that? Or will a fuse-burn still occur although I would use hekate to boot into OFW? Or is it even impossible to use bootloaders on 6.2.0 yet?
In a downgrade-faq regarding 6.2.0 at https://guide.sdsetup.com/#/FW620 is the sentence "If you ever launched your Switch into Horizon without Hekate/fusee/ReiNX/SXOS on firmware 6.2.0, you will have 8 fuses burnt" which could indicate that the opposite of booting into Horizon WITH hekate ignores the 8th fuse-burn.

If someone can comprehend these thoughts, then please answer.
Hekate and all of the other bootloader cannot load CFW or OFW on firmware 6.2

Aternel

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey! I’m on 6.1.0, never hacked anything on my Switch. Not really related, but could I theoretically : Turn on airplane mode, hack my Switch to backup my 6.1 NAND just incase I need to downgrade for whatever reason, update to 6.2 and subsequent firmwares so I can legally play online and then never touch CFW again before ban-prevention methods are found? All of that without risking a ban? I just don’t want to miss out on hacking possibilities if the community doesn’t find a new way to hack beyond 6.2. Thanks!

RareKirby

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey! I’m on 6.1.0, never hacked anything on my Switch. Not really related, but could I theoretically : Turn on airplane mode, hack my Switch to backup my 6.1 NAND just incase I need to downgrade for whatever reason, update to 6.2 and subsequent firmwares so I can legally play online and then never touch CFW again before ban-prevention methods are found? All of that without risking a ban? I just don’t want to miss out on hacking possibilities if the community doesn’t find a new way to hack beyond 6.2. Thanks!

I only buy online games and play backup offline games like Mario Odyssey with CFW. I delete my internet setting everytime i play backups. instead of airplane mode. I take off sd card aswell. Been doing this for over 4 months now. Still not banned

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: