ROM Hack Discussion Skyrim Mods that I can confirm are working

mranonymous

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello:

I recently started modding Skyrim on the Switch, and I thought it may be helpful to make a list of mods that I can confirm are working so far. Please note that this is not a comprehensive list, but rather just a small list of the ones I’ve tried personally.

I also wanted to add that I’ve had nearly a 100% success rate so far with mods I’ve tried. This makes me believe that a very high percentage of mods will work on the Switch.

Feel free to add more mods to this topic which you’ve confirmed to be working.

(Note: The ones marked with an asterisk have been pre-converted in the Switch Skyrim section of Nexus so they are ready to install directly without the need for manual conversion)

CONFIRMED WORKING MODS:

Immersive Armors
Immersive Weapons
*Forgotten City
Beyond Skyrim: Bruma (NOTE: The working version of this mod was removed from Nexus. I tried downloading the PC version of the mod and converting it myself, but it crashed Skyrim upon boot. I will leave it under Working Mods, as I can confirm that there is at least some way to get it working.)
A Quality World Map
Diverse Dragons
Helgen Reborn
*The Notice Board
Flora Overhaul
*Skyrim Unbound
Insects Begone
Ars Metallica
Legend of Zelda Majoras Mask Moon
Stones of Barenziah Quest Marker
KS Hairdo Lite
Breezehome by Lupus
UPN Female Body Renewal
Sexy Vanilla Female Armor for UNP and SevenBase with BB
Epona - Zelda Themed Standalone Horse
Windfall Island From The Legend Of Zelda The Windwaker
Gorons- Mihail Monsters and Animals
The Eyes of Beauty
Mrissi Tail of Trouble
Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul
Bowsette Follower
Flower Girls for Skyrim
Relics of Hyrule
Classic Zelda music for Skyrim

Following 6 mods available packed as "Immersive Gameplay":
*Andromeda
*Imperious
*Ordinator
*Thief Skills
*Wildcat: Combat of Skyrim
*Wildcat: Realistic Damage Plugin

Following 2 mods available packed as "Immersive Travelers":
*Immersive Patrols SE
*Companions and Followers SE

The above combined modpacks are great, because the Switch is limited to 10 mod slots. So with Immersive Gameplay, for example, you are getting 5 mods and a plugin for the cost of one slot. Note that if you do not like the Wildcat combat system, you can simply go to Magic, then Powers and you can toggle its individual features on of off, or simply turn the whole mod off.

UNOFFICIAL SKYRIM SPECIAL EDITION PATCH

Big thanks to lifetolifeless for finding the solution to get USSEP working! Here are the details:

You can't just convert from the normal USSEP patch because it contains some animation file that doesn't work on the switch. You'll need to retrieve the havokBehaviourPostProcess.exe file from your own copy of Skyrim SE and Skyrim Creation Kit (again another PITA), and a copy of the legacy unofficial skyrim patch (USLEP).

The full instructions can be found in the Skyrim Modding NX discord chathttps://discordapp.com/channels/468483390937759764/471098534226034708 under #port-tutorials.

MODS THAT ARE CAUSING CRASHES, BUGS, GLITCHES ETC.

Vivid Weathers: This mod worked well for me for awhile, but I started crashing whenever I was near Whiterun, and when I entered some buildings. I replaced the mod, and started a new game. I’m around 10 hours in on the new game and have experienced no issues.

Big thanks to dataslanger for helping provide info and doing some testing on this mod.

TIPS TO GET STARTED

- You will obviously need a Switch running custom firmware. That is beyond the scope of this post, but you can find all of the info you need online.

- There is a Youtube video called "Skyrim PC Mods on the Nintendo Switch" that will take you through all of the steps to get mods running.

- You are limited to 10 mod slots. Please note that 4 of the slots will be taken up by the Skyrim DLC and the Link outfit, but these can be overwritten as they load automatically from the game.

- Though you are limited to 10 slots, you can still use the "Merge Plugins" program (available on Nexus) to combine a lot of similar mods, giving the possibility for far more than 10 mods.

- You can find pre-converted mods for Switch on Nexus here, but there are only around 60 or so available at the moment since this is all still new. Alternatively, you can convert most PC mods to be compatible with the Switch. All necessary info for that is covered in the Youtube video I mentioned above.

- If you want to convert the PC mods, you must use the Skyrim Special Edition mods, as this is the version that is on Switch.

- I've tested around 40 mods so far. 99% of them work perfectly fine, leading me to believe that most mods will work on the Switch.

- Unfortunately, any mods requiring the Skyrim Script Extender (SKSE) will not work on the Switch at the moment.

- It is helpful to have a PC version of Skyrim, so you can use LOOT to determine a proper load order before installing your Switch mods. If you do not have access to LOOT, you can use the general load order rules here: https://bethesda.net/community/topic/5795/how-to-load-order/2

Hope this helps

Last edited by mranonymous,

Csmrcc

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I'm thinking on modding my Skyrim too, but, I don't know if it can be easily done, and it if hits hard the performance.
What's your opinion on that?

Reactions: mranonymous

Moquedami

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I´m mostly interested in cosmetic /aesthetic mods.
I didn´t play Skyrim on Switch mostly because i couldnt stand the art direction, so i was wondering if you could recommend me a good working mod for this.
also i would like to know how to use it.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Moquedami,

mranonymous

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm thinking on modding my Skyrim too, but, I don't know if it can be easily done, and it if hits hard the performance.
What's your opinion on that?

In terms of the performance, I haven't noticed anything negative so far. I currently have these mods installed:

Interesting NPCs, Immersive Armors, Immersive Weapons, A HQ Map, The Notice Board, Diverse Dragons, Immersive Patrols, Forgotten City, Helgen Reborn

I haven't had a single crash, no lag, and no bugs or glitches out of the ordinary. This is really impressive considering that the Interesting NPCs mod alone is a whopping 8GB once converted for Switch. Though most of it is audio files, so I suppose that's why it doesn't affect performance too much.

Just be sure to read the info on each mod first to make sure there are no conflicting mods. This is usually included on Nexus in the FAQ info part.

As far as the difficulty, it's actually really easy once you learn the basics of it. If you're downloading the pre-converted ones from Nexus, it's as simple as a drag and drop to your SD card, assuming you've already got CFW on your Switch. If you want to use multiple mods, all you need to do is add all of the mods you are using to the Skyrim.INI file (I used a really good tutorial on Youtube called "Skyrim PC Mods on Nintendo Switch").

If you want to use a PC mod that hasn't been converted yet, the Youtube tutorial covers this as well. It's just a basic batch script that does all of the work for you, and even has a small batch script that automatically creates the load order script for you.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I´m mostly interested in cosmetic /aesthetic mods.
I didn´t play Skyrim on Switch mostly because i couldnts stand the art direction, so i was wondering if you could recommend me a good working mod for this.
also i would like to know how to use it.
Thanks in advance.

I haven't tried many of the cosmetic ones yet, but there are a handful of pre-converted ones available on Nexus here:
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimnintendoswitch

There are only around 60 total mods there so far, as the Switch library is still building. If you don't find any you like, you can convert the PC mods to run on Switch using NX Toolkit (tutorial here: )

If you use any of the PC mods, be sure to download the Skyrim Special Edition ones, as this is the version on the Switch.

I'm still relatively new to Switch Skyrim mods myself, but from what I understand, a lot of the body editor mods have required secondary mod engines. I'm really not too sure how this would work on the Switch, so just make sure that any mods you choose are standalone and do not require any other mod engines to work. I'm sure there's a way to get them to work, but it is beyond my current knowledge.

mranonymous

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, Beyond Bruma? I need to test this

Yes, someone actually posted the converted Switch files for Bruma on Nexus. Unfortunately, it was removed shortly after, but I was able to download it before they took them off. You should still be able to grab the PC mod and convert it though. Keep in mind that this mod will use up 3 of your 10 mod slots. I believe there is one ESP, one ESM, and another ESP for the DLC patch.

I tested everything out, traveling to Cyrodiil with no issue. I wandered about for around an hour, chatting with NPCs. I did actually run into a few small bugs, but I read up on the FAQ and found out that the mod doesn't work well with Ordinator, which I had installed. There is a patch for this, but I didn't have the patch.

Reactions: PeterMount

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I moved the thread to ROM hacking and tools, as it's not an emulator, homebrew nor homebrew tool.
It doesn't look like a real ROM hacking (you are not extracting and editing the ROM files, right? if you do it's not allowed to share here) but instead converting existing PC game mods to work on Switch using LayeredFS?
If you think it's still not in the correct section I can move it again.

mranonymous

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I moved the thread to ROM hacking and tools, as it's not an emulator, homebrew nor homebrew tool.
It doesn't look like a real ROM hacking (you are not extracting and editing the ROM files, right? if you do it's not allowed to share here) but instead converting existing PC game mods to work on Switch using LayeredFS?
If you think it's still not in the correct section I can move it again.

My apologies, yes you're right it's not dealing with editing any ROM files. Just converting PC mods to be compatible with the Switch.

Reactions: Cyan

halvfast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Thanks for a great guide!

But I cannot convert anymods because I got a "Error finding python path".

I tried both 3.7.1 and 2.7.15 and seth PATH variable. If I type python in cmd it python works. Any ideas how to fix this?

rodan100919

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Figured I'd weigh in a bit since I just got out of modding Skyrim on switch. If you can live without the amiibo dlc, you can unload it by removing it from your Skyrim.ini file, freeing up a mod slot. Unfortunately this means that the 10 mod slots include the base game .esm files as well (not unlike the PC ports, just feel like it's necessary to clarify). There's also a discord dedicated to modding skyrim on switch that includes a few resources for modding it. The link for which is on the Toolkit nexus page.

Also from my own play testing, I got Insects Begone to work. You can also merge .esp files manually using Merge Plugins.

ShadoGiow

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, thanks for this topic! You convinced me to mod my copy of skyrim. But I have one problem. I've a old pc, and when I try to convert a pc mod with the toolkit I receive an error wich say in summary: you need a windows version of x86 or x64. I only want the immersive weapons and armors! Can you help me please?

mranonymous

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for a great guide!

But I cannot convert anymods because I got a "Error finding python path".

I tried both 3.7.1 and 2.7.15 and seth PATH variable. If I type python in cmd it python works. Any ideas how to fix this?

Hi. This error is common and doesn't seem to affect anything. I get the error every single time I convert a mod, and the guy who made the YouTube tutorial got the same error. It happens once the conversion is finished, so simply check the "convert_ConvertedAndPacked" folder and your converted files should be in there.

mranonymous

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Figured I'd weigh in a bit since I just got out of modding Skyrim on switch. If you can live without the amiibo dlc, you can unload it by removing it from your Skyrim.ini file, freeing up a mod slot. Unfortunately this means that the 10 mod slots include the base game .esm files as well (not unlike the PC ports, just feel like it's necessary to clarify). There's also a discord dedicated to modding skyrim on switch that includes a few resources for modding it. The link for which is on the Toolkit nexus page.

Also from my own play testing, I got Insects Begone to work. You can also merge .esp files manually using Merge Plugins.

Thanks for the info! I’ll add Insects Begone to the list. And I’ve been wondering if Merge Plugins would work - so glad to hear it will. Do you happen to know if the mods should be converted first, then merged? Or vice versa?

As for the mod slots, for those who don’t know - you can also remove the DLC from their slots in the .INI file, and the DLC will still work because it’s loaded automatically when you start the game.

The Link outfit also uses a slot in the default INI, but I overwrote it. I’m not sure if the link outfit will still be available, but I would rather use that slot for a mod.

ShadoGiow

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm trying to convert other mods, but the terminal keep giving me this error...
Code:
 the version of Skyrim-NX-Toolkit-master\Scripts\dist\toolkit.exe is not compatible with the version of windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see wheter you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher.

But why? I have python 3 installed and Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package too.. Maybe it's because I have an old pc? I dont know

rodan100919

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you happen to know if the mods should be converted first, then merged? Or vice versa?

It depends on the mod. I know that SNX uses a variant of SSE similar to the PS4 release. Textures seem to be the biggest hiccups, as they'll need conversion to an acceptable format. Wish I knew what format that was, but the SNX discord has removed it's section on texture conversion. Supposedly there's a wiki they've started, but I haven't found it yet. Meshes almost never need to be converted, unless they are animations. Animations apparently need to be ported over from Oldrim (the original 32-bit release) instead of SSE. Everything else gets handled by the toolkit. Oh, and no SKSE/SSESE mods for obvious reasons :D

The Link outfit also uses a slot in the default INI, but I overwrote it. I’m not sure if the link outfit will still be available, but I would rather use that slot for a mod.

You may be able to merge the outfit into an .esp file (say like a joint armors .esp), but that'd essentially require you to make a new mod for the Hyrule armor first and then reference the official .bsa files. Would probably work out nicer that way, since you could set it to spawn in a chest or in inventory instead of being tied to an amiibo. But that's pure speculation. I've yet to try it personally.

ShadoGiow

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ok, someone on discord told me that i cant use the toolkit with a 32bit computer... I cant try new things :( If someone can convert this (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/1553) mod for me (dont judge lol, it's good to steal armor and weapons with this way) i will be very grateful! After this i will quit modding this game, too difficult.
It's only 108 kb

Last edited by ShadoGiow,

mranonymous

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It depends on the mod. I know that SNX uses a variant of SSE similar to the PS4 release. Textures seem to be the biggest hiccups, as they'll need conversion to an acceptable format. Wish I knew what format that was, but the SNX discord has removed it's section on texture conversion. Supposedly there's a wiki they've started, but I haven't found it yet. Meshes almost never need to be converted, unless they are animations. Animations apparently need to be ported over from Oldrim (the original 32-bit release) instead of SSE. Everything else gets handled by the toolkit. Oh, and no SKSE/SSESE mods for obvious reasons :D

You may be able to merge the outfit into an .esp file (say like a joint armors .esp), but that'd essentially require you to make a new mod for the Hyrule armor first and then reference the official .bsa files. Would probably work out nicer that way, since you could set it to spawn in a chest or in inventory instead of being tied to an amiibo. But that's pure speculation. I've yet to try it personally.

Good to know, I’ll have to mess around with the merging program. Being able to combine 5 or so mods into one slot would be EXTREMELY helpful, as I am always deleting mods and adding in new ones that catch my eye. One of these days I’m going to corrupt a save file or something, lol.

And thanks for the Link outfit info. Maybe once I succeed with merging mods I’ll throw it in with some other ones as you suggested.

Ok, someone on discord told me that i cant use the toolkit with a 32bit computer... I cant try new things :( If someone can convert this (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/1553) mod for me (dont judge lol, it's good to steal armor and weapons with this way) i will be very grateful! After this i will quit modding this game, too difficult.
It's only 108 kb

I will convert it for you a little bit later once I am at my computer. It may be tomorrow as I’m not sure if I will be using my PC again tonight

ShadoGiow

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Good to know, I’ll have to mess around with the merging program. Being able to combine 5 or so mods into one slot would be EXTREMELY helpful, as I am always deleting mods and adding in new ones that catch my eye. One of these days I’m going to corrupt a save file or something, lol.

And thanks for the Link outfit info. Maybe once I succeed with merging mods I’ll throw it in with some other ones as you suggested.

I will convert it for you a little bit later once I am at my computer. It may be tomorrow as I’m not sure if I will be using my PC again tonight
Thank you very much :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over