$50 Reward for this solution!

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by willygrif, Oct 5, 2012.

Oct 5, 2012
  1. willygrif
    OP

Newcomer willygrif Newbie

Australia
    Ok so i did this post a month ago...

http://gbatemp.net/t...ion-wars-2-iso/

...so basically its about extracting models from a wii iso.

I figured that someone must be able to help, but maybe they just need some motivation like cash.

So who ever can figure this out i'll pay them $50 (australian). Also if you are able to convert the models to blender (or some other common 3d viewer) it'll be an extra $25

So payment will be done by pay pal, or like what ever is easy for you.

Thanks Again,
    willygrif

2. fatherjack

Member fatherjack GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    If your gonna give your fifty bucks away then it goes to...................foryouify!

He's already figured it out, and was even decent enough to make a straigtforward instructional YTube vid and collate all the progs needed into a mediafire download... and answer questions at the YTube page!
    Download the pack, install and have a play.

3. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    For the record such offers have historically not done that much for a couple of reasons.

1) The price you are offering is barely 2 hours wages for the average bit of IT freelancing and full 3d model format plus textures (plus animation?) decode for a modern console.... takes a bit longer than that (and if they are quicker than that then your offer in line with phone call consultation type remuneration). Granted it might be standard model formats with a minor header or bit of compression but from the way you said it chances are it is not (edit if what fatherjack says is true then I stand corrected).

2) It is usually looked at as pretty distasteful among the (ROM) hacker set, this is usually seen as a better reason than 1) as well. I do not think there are any legal issues that will get picked up upon but there might be some of those as well.

By all means leave your offer open but know what you are getting into.

4. willygrif
    OP

Newcomer willygrif Newbie

Australia
    Yes his video is very useful, it helped me as much as it can but Battalion War 2 is formatted different.

And also if someone wants more money for there time, thats cool i can do that. I just really want to solve this once and for all.

5. fatherjack

Member fatherjack GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    willygrif, put that wallet AWAY!

trust me, theres nothing quite as rewarding as figuring it out yourself.
    First thing I would do is extract the exact same file as the vid - that way you know you've got the files setup correctly.

Then it is time to hunt down the images you want from BWii.
    In the first instance look for a similar file structure to the ISO although this is not a given as ichichfly pointed out in your original post
    I assume you just need 3ds files to work with out of this?

6. DeadlyFoez

Member DeadlyFoez Banned

United States
    Here's a solution. Learn how to program. Write a program yourself.

You can send the $50 to deadlyfoez@yahoo.com :D

2 people like this.