Hacking 5.5 IOSU exploit...

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good thing I didn't waste any money on a Wii-U. Nintendo will probably abandon it for the NX, and port most of the worthwhile games to it anyway. Hopefully we'll get an NX exploit!

So, how is that Wii-U emulator turning out?

CableLeecher

640K ought to be enough for anyone
Trophies
EARTH | SOL-SYSTEM | SECTOR 001 | ALPHA QUADRANT
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Currently there is no exploit and won't be in the near future as devs are leaving the sinking ship.
We even lost dimok lately and he was one of the most skilled devs.
Swallow the bitter pill guys, the devs left mostly because of the shitstorms here, deal with it, it's the whiners fault...

Anyways, there is something called real life... It's more important than anything else...

Move on to NX...

Last edited by CableLeecher,

Jackall4BDN

Haunter of Daydreams and Nightmares
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Move on to NX...
I won't, all hail my sploot, and while the whole temp seems to split on this right now i still want me my hacks for the one same reason i wanted it from the start: custom-content for sm4sh, sploot, mk8 and mario 3d world. Ok no sploit coming, so here is resorting to buying a used U. I REALLY wouldnt want that part of the scene dieing

D

Deleted User

MN1 was considering a release date for his kexploit, but no news on that for a little bit

CableLeecher

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Wait when did dimok bail?
If I remember right he announced 2 or 3 days ago, that he won't contribute here anymore because of private reasons. All his sourcecodes are now open and freely available.
He has his work related projects and his wife and kids that deserve his attention now.
And he is absolutely right with his decission. He will still read the forums and be on irc from time to time but thats pretty much it.

I fully understand his decission as GBAtemp turned over the last few years to a drama-forum with whiners, shitposters and leeches that were not even able to say thank you for the devs hard work (with some exceptions of course)
but the majority were just parasites.
So where is here the benefit for a dev to spend his free time in a ungrateful forum rather than spending it with the family?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

MN1 was considering a release date for his kexploit, but no news on that for a little bit

But if all the leeches start to bugger him now also then I wouldn't bet on it.
For the time being I enjoy all the games that I have now. Because of wife and kids I don't have much time to play anyways.

Maybe one day I will log in and read something about EmuNAND etc and will be happy.
If not, then it doesn't matter....

NX is around the corner

Cheers guys

steelseth

Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
If I remember right he announced 2 or 3 days ago, that he won't contribute here anymore because of private reasons. All his sourcecodes are now open and freely available.
He has his work related projects and his wife and kids that deserve his attention now.
And he is absolutely right with his decission. He will still read the forums and be on irc from time to time but thats pretty much it.

I fully understand his decission as GBAtemp turned over the last few years to a drama-forum with whiners, shitposters and leeches that were not even able to say thank you for the devs hard work (with some exceptions of course)
but the majority were just parasites.
So where is here the benefit for a dev to spend his free time in a ungrateful forum rather than spending it with the family?
If the devs dont want the attention then they should keep everything private and never release or announce anything.
Dangling a carrot infront of a donkey will only work for so long before said ass kicks you in the nuts.

CableLeecher

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If the devs dont want the attention then they should keep everything private and never release or announce anything.
Dangling a carrot infront of a donkey will only work for so long before said ass kicks you in the nuts.

'cmon dude. This is the only argument you are repeating like a mantra for weeks now.
It's over... get over it and move on. More whining now won't bring the devs or a release back on track...

steelseth

Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
'cmon dude. This is the only argument you are reapeting like a mantra for weeks now.
It's over... get over it and move on. More whining now won't bring the devs or a release back on track...
That it was said before doesnt make it wrong.
I know its over, you know its over.
Stop defending them and Ill stop ripping them.

CableLeecher

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
That it was said before doesnt make it wrong.
I know its over, you know its over.
Stop defending them and Ill stop ripping them.

It's their private life that has now priority and everybody should respect that.
Of course I defend them because I have a wife and kids also and therefore every minute that I can spend with them is more precious than cybertime..

You might understand this one day if you have your own family.

To blame now also dimok that he left now is even worse.

So stop complaining guys, we all have a life without Wii U...

Peace :yay:

kaotik2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It makes me really REALLY sad that people care more about Hykem's exploit than about Hykem himself.

Why ? Hykem can't even be bothered to make a simple post explaining things. From what I know no other dev was raided so who exactly did the international raid target?

One thing this rumor did do was scare a lot of devs in to thinking they would be next and not posting an update on his situation is a bit shitty. Even if his things got confiscated its 2016 he could easily get access to a phone or computer to make a post, unless he has no friends or family.

I'm sick of hearing the care for Hykem argument now, he brought this on himself.

If he was raided it had nothing to do with consoles or hacking and he is probably in to some crazy illegal shit.

You want the truth? Think you can handle it?

Well truth is I ate him. I cooked him in a big pot and boiled him till he was nice and tender, then I ate him. Well I ate as much as I could before he went cold, I can't stand cold meat

Don't really care for the truth just tiring see people still put this guy on a pedestal like he is some sort of god.. I'm sure if you could some of you would upload yourself to Hykem so you could suck him dry.

Last edited by kaotik2k,

MartinDocNewland

Searching for the truth
Trophies
XP
Country
Why ? Hykem can't even be bothered to make a simple post explaining things. From what I know no other dev was raided so who exactly did the international raid target?

One thing this rumor did do was scare a lot of devs in to thinking they would be next and not posting an update on his situation is a bit shitty. Even if his things got confiscated its 2016 he could easily get access to a phone or computer to make a post, unless he has no friends or family.

I'm sick of hearing the care for Hykem argument now, he brought this on himself.

If he was raided it had nothing to do with consoles or hacking and he is probably in to some crazy illegal shit.

You want the truth? Think you can handle it?

Well truth is I ate him. I cooked him in a big pot and boiled him till he was nice and tender, then I ate him. Well I ate as much as I could before he went cold, I can't stand cold meat

Jackall4BDN

Haunter of Daydreams and Nightmares
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Exactly my point... What exactly are people who associate that story with console hacking thinking? Looked to much Futurama probably xD
I know companies with money can make you shut up with a C&D if your project gets attention, and Nintendo has done that stuff, but a raid from daring to release a softhack for a homeconsole? Next time we hear rumors of Nintendo of America owning Guantanamo Bay...

CableLeecher

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Exactly my point... What exactly are people who associate that story with console hacking thinking? Looked to much Futurama probably xD
I know companies with money can make you shut up with a C&D if your project gets attention, and Nintendo has done that stuff, but a raid from daring to release a softhack for a homeconsole? Next time we hear rumors of Nintendo of America owning Guantanamo Bay...

Maybe if Trump will be elected they might get his support to reintroduce waterboarding again... :rofl2:

Just kidding...

D

Deleted User

Here's a question. Does he have any previous hacking experience? What has he hacked in the past?
He did a bit of Vita webkit exploiting about a year ago or so... He's done a couple of things involving the PS4 kernel exploit as well, iirc.

SniperXx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was looking for a cheap Wii U based on reading some guides on here saying there was a 5.5 exploit supposedly being in the works. So there likely won't be one for anything above 5.3.2? Maybe I'll pass because it seems Wii U's are hard to find used for cheap. I can't believe how expensive they still are.

steelseth

Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
It's their private life that has now priority and everybody should respect that.
Of course I defend them because I have a wife and kids also and therefore every minute that I can spend with them is more precious than cybertime..

You might understand this one day if you have your own family.

To blame now also dimok that he left now is even worse.

So stop complaining guys, we all have a life without Wii U...

Peace :yay:
I love it how you assume I must be kid.
FYI I have a wife and two kids.
But back to our issue, it was their choice to come into their spotlight, everybody loves the spotlight.
They could have stayed in their basement doing their thing and stayed in their IRC channel with other developers.
They are at fault stop defending them in hope they might change their mind and release anything. Its over move on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Weird I have been playing MSU enhanced Genesis games for a while now lol