5.5.2 need URGENT help

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by ksamj202, Aug 5, 2017.

1. ksamj202
    OP

ksamj202 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 5, 2017
    United Arab Emirates
    hi everyone
    i have been away from the scene but today when i opened my WiiU found there is a new update and system asking me to click ok to start the update
    i paniced so i shut down the console
    now i am still on 5.5.1 as i didn't allow the console to update but the update files are downloaded and ready to be installed every time i exit from a game to the system menu

WHAT SHOULD i do to remove the files and stop this update from happening
    i have already Haxchi installed but i don't want to update to 5.5.2

i am trying now to take a NAND BACKUP for the device as i haven't done so. will it help?

please guys walk me through what i need to do

Best Reagrds

2. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    Just make sure your DNS blocking is working and you won't update but YES get a nand backup asap. It will only help you down the road.

The bouncing red x just means your DNS blocking is working. You can stay on 5.5.1 right now and still play online and whatnot.

cvskid likes this.
  3. ksamj202
    OP

ksamj202 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 5, 2017
    United Arab Emirates
    the update files already downloaded and the system from time to time asking to update itself. when i get the message i turn off the power

it there a way that i can manully open the system nand and delete the downloaded updates files??????
    i have already deleted the update folder through "ftpiiu everywhere" but i checked inside before deleteing and was empty i think the files moved somewhere after it has been downloaded

also i tried to do a nand backup but the system hang everytime and until now i wasn't able to do it

i am ONLY on haxchi and didn't download the other hacking methods like redNAND ot Coldboot

any ideas????

4. dojafoja

dojafoja life elevated

Jan 2, 2014
    Once upon a time there was homebrew to remove downloaded updates. I couldn't tell you if it even works since its fairly old and I've never personally used it, but you can give it a try. Visit this url from your WiiU's browser: http://wj44.ml/remove_update2/

cvskid and ksamj202 like this.
  5. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    cvskid likes this.
  6. dojafoja

dojafoja life elevated

Jan 2, 2014
    It seems that he already tried that but the update has already downloaded. Once downloaded, do the files get moved somewhere else?

7. Trumpasaurus

Trumpasaurus GBAtemp Regular

Jul 8, 2017
    United States
    There's homebrew for removing the pending update. Just install the app and remove it.
    Also, I would suggest you go one step further than DNS blocking. You should FTP into your Wii U and delete the update folder. This will completely foolproof your Wii U from updates.
    I had DNS blocking and somehow my system still updated. There are other reports of this happening although it is rare.

8. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    Thanks. I missed that.

Edit: I forgot to answer your question. There is some guesswork that updates might get moved after being downloaded. It is also possible that with the update folder deleted, the automatic update prompt thinks it has the files downloaded, but it will fail when it tries to install the update because of the missing folder. I don't know which is accurate.

@ksamj202 Here are the two things I would try doing:

Option 1: Use http://wj44.ml/remove_update2/ like @dojafoja suggested to remove the downloaded update.
    Option 2: Since you already have Haxchi installed, you can update to 5.5.2. Then, after the update is successful, you can downgrade the internet browser to the 5.5.1 version using Haxchi. That will effectively put you back to where you were before the update.

Last edited by Lacius, Aug 5, 2017
    ksamj202 and dojafoja like this.
  9. ksamj202
    OP

ksamj202 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 5, 2017
    United Arab Emirates
    Thanks a lot everyone
    i have been able to stop this update from installing also special thanks to @Madridi

Last edited by ksamj202, Aug 5, 2017
    dojafoja and Lacius like this.
  10. jbuck1975

jbuck1975 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 28, 2015
    United States
    How do you do option 2

11. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    The files you'll want to download and install to update from 5.5.1U to 5.5.2U (without touching the browser) are as follows:
    Edit: If you follow either of these steps to retain the 5.5.1 browser, you still need to block updates. Otherwise, the system will automatically update the browser to the 5.5.2 version.

Last edited by Lacius, Aug 5, 2017
  12. jbuck1975

jbuck1975 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 28, 2015
    United States
    I don't understand the ftp part. I tried it and still have the new version that doesn't work. I've got haxchi and it's upgraded to 5.5.2.
    I tried to copy the old browser files over the new ones using Ftp. One file failed.