Hacking 5.5.0 progress

GR-DRACULA

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Anyone who wants to make an android emulator? xD it would be nice to see android games on wii u and playing with the buttons and etc maybe ability to customize buttons for each game you want for touchscreen input directions :P it would be op.. but no iosu access so offline and very hard to create it so i dont know if this is a good idea XD

shaneod

Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone who wants to make an android emulator? xD it would be nice to see android games on wii u and playing with the buttons and etc maybe ability to customize buttons for each game you want for touchscreen input directions :P it would be op.. but no iosu access so offline and very hard to create it so i dont know if this is a good idea XD
This would be very cool, and part of the Wii U is ARM, so maybe.
The homebrew scene would want to un-die though

Reactions: GR-DRACULA
D

Deleted User

How did you get access to the unity wii u middleware ? I'm a Unity developer as well and it would be fun making some games for the wii u.
A friend gave me access to the Wii U developer portal, but normally, you would have to go through the sign-up and verification process at wiiu-developers.nintendo.com. It usually takes about a month before they will verify you and let you onto the dev portal. :/

Reactions: Deleted User

L4mb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
A friend gave me access to the Wii U developer portal, but normally, you would have to go through the sign-up and verification process at wiiu-developers.nintendo.com. It usually takes about a month before they will verify you and let you onto the dev portal. :/
Nah, seems to be too much trouble since I won't be able to event test nor publish anything without buying proper hardware =/

Do you know what kind of verifications do they make ? I worked in a couple games for Android and iOs but lately I'm working mostly with web stuff

MrDanny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Nah, seems to be too much trouble since I won't be able to event test nor publish anything without buying proper hardware =/

Do you know what kind of verifications do they make ? I worked in a couple games for Android and iOs but lately I'm working mostly with web stuff

Well, what he's saying is he'd be able to test/publish his unity game if he had a kernel exploit, and wouldn't necessarily need the proper hardware. As for verification, I think they're pretty relaxed.

Last edited by MrDanny,

L4mb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, what he's saying is he'd be able to test/publish his unity game if he had a kernel exploit, and wouldn't necessarily need the proper hardware. As for verification, I think they're pretty relaxed.
Yeah, i just got trough the process of sign in and you don't even have to prove to that you are a real developer, i wonder what would they say if you try to publish something without having the dev kit hardware if this is possible people could start coding free games and apps and make it available for basically everyone.
Unity is easy enough to learn and versatile enough to code basically anything, so is the web framework.

D

Deleted User

he'd be able to test/publish his unity game if he had a kernel exploit, and wouldn't necessarily need the proper hardware.
Not necessarily true.
If you didn't buy a devkit before submission, Nintendo will most likely assume you didn't test the game, and it won't pass LotCheck. :/

MrDanny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Not necessarily true.
If you didn't buy a devkit before submission, Nintendo will most likely assume you didn't test the game, and it won't pass LotCheck. :/
Maybe, if there's something wrong with it. There are already developers though that don't have dev kits and they ask/work with other devs to test it for them before submitting. So I doubt they'd be able to tell just by the fact you never ordered one.

D

Deleted User

Maybe, if there's something wrong with it. There are already developers though that don't have dev kits and they ask/work with other devs to test it for them before submitting. So I doubt they'd be able to tell just by the fact you never ordered one.
You could just possibly get away with it by an inch, but I wouldn't count on it, since we're talking about the real thing here. :P
Basically, if my game turns out to be an outstanding success with testers ( and including myself when I obtain the kernel exploit), then I may consider submitting my game to Nintendo so it can be properly hosted on the eshop. (I really hope it's that easy lol. most likely not in my opinion)

L4mb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I agree with Voxel Studios, since you would have to link your license with your dev kit they do know wether you tested it or not :/

But it wouldn't hurt trying to submit a simple project/game, so this way people with the kexploit could develop and people without it would still benefit form it.

Reactions: Deleted User

GOT4N

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Hey, could you add some more of mine? I noticed you only have U-Paint v1.0 in the list, but here are three more that work on 5.5 -
https://gbatemp.net/threads/litenesu-16-in-1-emulator-and-source-code-5-5-x-firmware.418689/
https://gbatemp.net/threads/ast-u-roids-v2-0-elf-version-for-5-5-x-firmware-only.417826/
https://gbatemp.net/threads/u-paint-v2-0-homebrew-release.414918/

And you also don't have Quark The Awesome's LiteNESU -
https://gbatemp.net/threads/5-5-0-1-wip-litenesu-a-terrible-userspace-nes-emulator.417827/

Your list says no emulators have been made, but Quark The Awesome and I both made ports of LiteNES.
"my b"- Chillindude
I just added them, thanks :)

Reactions: clank and brienj

GR-DRACULA

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece

This would be very cool, and part of the Wii U is ARM, so maybe.
The homebrew scene would want to un-die though

Ikr but luck of sources devs and time? xD

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One person's piracy is another persons getting around region locks, censorship, ridiculous customs/import laws playing games they already own in another format, making sure they maintain ownership of their hardware when you have companies pushing unwanted updates down you're throat that have and do break games and systems.

Just because you are running a backup doesn't mean there isn't a good honest reason to do so. Free games are a myth, pirates usually spend more on equipment than they would have on the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I will still jump onto yours :D, from time to time Psi :evil::D