Hacking 4th Gen Pokemon Game Issues

Kricket

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let me start off by saying that, yes, I am very new to using flash carts. I have purchased an Acekard 2 and an Ez-Flash 3in1. My problem lies with the acekard(maybe). I've been having trouble with fourth generation pokemon games. I'll play a game up to a point where I want to save, save the game, and shut the DS off. Only to come back later and boot up, load my pokemon game, and have to restart for no reason. It seems as if my acekard is completely disregarding my pokemon save. It doesn't even load the normal menu; Continue, New Game, Mystery Gift, etc. It gets very annoying. I don't have issues exactly like this with any games other than Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, and Japanese versions of HeartGold/SoulSilver. If anyone knows how to fix this, please let me know. Or if I have missed a topic like this, point me in the right direction. I've googled enough without finding my answer, but it has taught me that this is the place to come if you need help. Thanks in advance everyone.

Kricket

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I'm using Akaio, and have selected .nds + .sav files to be shown. The save is in the same directory as the rom. As for the slot, I'm not sure what you mean.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
let me start off by saying i don't know what the hell a 4th gen pokemon game is.

are you using the latest akaio with updated loaders?
have you freshly formatted your msd card?
have you bothered to try another rom to see if perhaps its just that 1 stupid game?

what is the hwid of your acekard?

-another world

Kricket

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4th gen games are the Newest 5 games. They are nintendo DS games, and have nothing to do with the 3in1.

Also, I am using akaio 1.5.1 I think. With updated loaders, I have freshly formatted my msd card, It's 8gb. I have tried. Other games work fine. Just the five games mentioned.

Hatsu

Someone's been killing, eh?
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Kricket said:
Yes, I'm using Akaio, and have selected .nds + .sav files to be shown. The save is in the same directory as the rom. As for the slot, I'm not sure what you mean.
If the .sav is called "********.1.sav" (* represents the save name), you have selected the wrong save slot:

Press Y while the rom is selected and press rom settings and make sure the save slot is set to slot 1 or above! (depending on whether it has a .1 or higher)

if it hasn't got .1 in it:

Do the same, except make sure it's set to default.

Does that save have that same name as the ROM?

Kricket

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The save has the same name as the rom.
Say this is the name of the rom:
"Pokemon Platinum.nds"
and this is the name of the save:
"Pokemon Platinum.sav"
Everything should be working properly, correct?
Looking through the option for the rom, it's save slot was already set to default.

Hatsu

Someone's been killing, eh?
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Kricket said:
The save has the same name as the rom.
Say this is the name of the rom:
"Pokemon Platinum.nds"
and this is the name of the save:
"Pokemon Platinum.sav"
Everything should be working properly, correct?
Looking through the option for the rom, it's save slot was already set to default.
Well, that's strange...

The last thing I can think of, is to go here and search for a pokemon platinum save.

Leonidas

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Have you read the forum? Almost all new Acekards have a save game issue. From what I've been able to gather, it's a new type of Acekard 2 which is currently unsupported by AKAIO. No ETA on the fix,though.

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I have no problems with those games and an AK2i with AKAIO 1.5.1. All I can think of is that:
As for saving not working, not enough room on Micro SD card?
As for not-normal menu, a cheat code on for Mystery Gift unlocked?

Kricket

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only difference we have is you have an AK2i, and I have an AK2.
There's about 6gb of space on the sd card left.
I was using those as examples because those are usually on the menu. When I start it completely skips the menu and goes to a new game.

I'm probably going to get a 2i, since I haven't heard of any problems with them.

hartleyshc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kricket said:
The only difference we have is you have an AK2i, and I have an AK2.
There's about 6gb of space on the sd card left.
I was using those as examples because those are usually on the menu. When I start it completely skips the menu and goes to a new game.

I'm probably going to get a 2i, since I haven't heard of any problems with them.

I have a new AK2 I bought like a month ago. Don't know if I have one of the new hardware revisions or not (how do you check the hwid?)
Playing and saving Platinum fine here. On both akaio 1.5 and 1.5.1.

Kricket

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've resolved my problem, and for anyone experiencing similar problems: here's how I did it.

I downloaded the earliest available official ak2 firmware. AK2 4.07a13
Code:
http://www.acekard.com/download/ak2/ak2_407_a13_20080502_release.zip

Cooldudenotu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kricket said:
I've resolved my problem, and for anyone experiencing similar problems: here's how I did it.

I downloaded the earliest available official ak2 firmware. AK2 4.07a13
Code:
http://www.acekard.com/download/ak2/ak2_407_a13_20080502_release.zip

Thank you for this !!

I was having the same problem, and although I wasn't able to load my old .sav file on this old firmware, I was at least able to start a new game and save it and have the saved game load up.

At least I can play pokemon now.

UPDATE: For some reason when using this firmware, the game will randomly crash. So this is not a viable work around :\

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Nighty night.