4gig SD vs 4gig rom?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Erixdman, Jul 30, 2013.

1. Erixdman
    OP

Erixdman Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 20, 2013
    United States
    Will a 4 gig SD card hold a 4 gig rom? I've always thought the roms were slightly larger than 4 gigs and the SD cards are slightly smaller.

2. Saturosias

Saturosias Sakura-sō Resident

Dec 27, 2010
    United States
    ROMs should be the exact size while microSD's and generally any storage have a bit less than the advertised capacity available. With the ROM trimming material (in this section), it could/should be possible to trim ROMs down to fit on a ~3.7GB microSD, won't know until we test.

3. Xarsah16

Xarsah16 GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot

Oct 6, 2007
    Hyrule
    If you think you're going to use a lot of space, invest now in a bigger card so you don't need to buy a bigger one later and waste more money. I've only filled about 8GB of my 16GB microSD but that's going to change soon XD Glad I got the extra space - I'll need it. Especially when your games are 4GB each, and then you're going to need room for cart firmware files and such.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice