4gb sandisk sdhc

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Jessyb, Sep 19, 2008.

Sep 19, 2008

4gb sandisk sdhc by Jessyb at 1:19 PM (960 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Jessyb
    OP

Newcomer Jessyb Member

United States
    So I ordered a 4gb sandisk sdhc, Well I wasn't paying attention and didnt realize my computer will not read sdhc. I read everywhere and it said you need a usb reader to read a sdhc on my computer (hp pav a810n) and I have the usb reader that came with my dstt but thats not working either..It works with my kingston micro sd..Should it be working with the sdhc or is the card a dud? I also tried to format it and it wont even bring up the format.

2. Rascal

Member Rascal GBAtemp Fan

United States
    There is a difference between uSD and uSDHC USB readers. I had an older Sandisk multi-card reader that wouldn't let me access my 8GB uSDHC. Their newer model, which I found at a local Circuit City, worked perfectly.

3. captZEEbo

Newcomer captZEEbo Newbie

United States
  4. Aleatz

Newcomer Aleatz Advanced Member

Australia
    Would a SD adapter work? Does your computer have a SD slot?

5. Jessyb
    OP

Newcomer Jessyb Member

United States
    It does, i tried the sdhc adapter that came with it, no luck. I tried it on my sisters laptop and it worked fine. But shes really touchy about her computer and wont let me transfer files on it. :S The sdhc adapter that came with it runs my sd card fine though.

6. Whunup

Newcomer Whunup Member

Australia
    I've mentioned this another time in another post, i forget where. But definitely invest in a 20 dollar all-in-one card reader just in case something like this happens again- at least you will be prepared.