Hacking (4.x only) CIA CFW Complete Guide

ubergeek77

Post editing world champ.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've done everything up until the point where we need to keep rebooting the 3DS. My bottom screen often flashes white, which is an indication that it's working, however it never reboots - it always stays on that light blue screen. I assume I just need to keep trying, but I've been trying at it for a while now. Does this mean I need to re-image my SD card, or perhaps do something else differently? I don't seem to be getting anywhere.

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
I tried and tried and tried and tried but it's no use, I just can't seem to install devmenu, always connection failer

I've done everything up until the point where we need to keep rebooting the 3DS. My bottom screen often flashes white, which is an indication that it's working, however it never reboots - it always stays on that light blue screen. I assume I just need to keep trying, but I've been trying at it for a while now. Does this mean I need to re-image my SD card, or perhaps do something else differently? I don't seem to be getting anywhere.
Which launcher did you use? With the gateway launcher (launcher_GW.dat) it works for me.That or you need to reinsert your emunand into your sd

ubergeek77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried and tried and tried and tried but it's no use, I just can't seem to install devmenu, always connection failer

Which launcher did you use? With the gateway launcher (launcher_GW.dat) it works for me.That or you need to reinsert your emunand into your sd

Actually, I've been able to boot into the 'emuNAND' with this, so I at least know that much works. But just the same as you, I can't get it to connect, and either turning on and off wifi or launching the browser as the instructions suggest just makes the system freeze. Not sure what can be done about that...

But are you saying I can rename Launcher_gw.dat to Launcher.dat and it will load up the emuNAND more reliably?

EDIT: This is exceedingly frustrating. I know for a fact the IP address is correct, and yet it ALWAYS fails to connect. When trying to get the connection to come back, like what has been suggested, everything just freezes.

Toggle Wifi switch? NOPE.
Load the browser? Well, maybe...
Load a webpage through the browser? NO GO AWAY IMA CRASH NOW >.<

ken28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
is there a way to "copy" an sd card?
i have a 16 gb now before i had a 8gb. I tried to just copy it after setting up rednand but it doesnt seem to work.

ChrisX930

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
is there a way to "copy" an sd card?
i have a 16 gb now before i had a 8gb. I tried to just copy it after setting up rednand but it doesnt seem to work.

- Backup your SD Card with Win32DiskImager
- Restore your Backup with Win32DiskImager to the new SD Card
- Use EaseUS Partition Master to resize the FAT32 Partition (if the new SD Card is bigger as the old one)
- You have a exact copy of the old SD Card with more space
- Profit

ken28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
- Backup your SD Card with Win32DiskImager
- Restore your Backup with Win32DiskImager to the new SD Card
- Use EaseUS Partition Master to resize the FAT32 Partition (if the new SD Card is bigger as the old one)
- You have a exact copy of the old SD Card with more space
- Profit
but i do have to set up rednand before it or?

ChrisX930

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So should format my 16gb one first

If it's already on FAT32, it's not necessary because you "duplicate" the SD Card with Win32DiskImager (with my method).
That's the reason why you should resize the FAT32 Partition with EaseUS Partition Master after you "copied" the SD Card.

ChrisX930

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
But it's only 13 gb now due Rednand so I have to reset it back to 16 beforehand

the RedNand needs ~1GB for itself. It's saved in the Hidden Partition of your SD Card.

You don't need to do ANYTHING with your 16GB SD Card now.
use my "tutorial", Win32DiskImager and EaseUS Partition Master do all you need.

flarn2006

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to install this on emunand 9.4 (sysnand 9.2) without downgrading to 4.5? I want the memory dumping/editing functions, mainly so I can try and hook it up to Cheat Engine.

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You can make a cheat engine? or you mean make many cheat plugins? Anyway good... but the memory dumping and editing at the moment only doable on 4.5 version

ubergeek77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That might be the problem, because it doesn't work when I make a wireless hosted network on my PC.
Regular CFW works nice but when I boot holding hold L it just crashes without being able to connect to the internet.
I have to connect the 3DS to a router, and the router must be directly connected to the internet.
Fortunately you only need to do this once, to install DevMenu. You could also just borrow someone's Gateway for installing it, hehe.

Can gateway load this modified emuNAND? I tried it, but all it did was freeze.

Installing via the normal way is a pain, and I really just want to get started transferring retail saves >.<

flarn2006

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can make a cheat engine? or you mean make many cheat plugins? Anyway good... but the memory dumping and editing at the moment only doable on 4.5 version
Cheat Engine is a program for Windows that basically lets you search for values in memory. You type in a value and scan for it, then do something that changes it and scan for the new value, and so on until ideally you've narrowed it down to only a few possible addresses. It has tons more features, but that's the main one. It also has a "network" function that lets you connect to a server running on another device (like an Android phone) to edit its memory. I was thinking I could write a program that would implement that protocol and enable Cheat Engine to work with 3DS games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had one before that, and never had one since