Hacking (4.x only) CIA CFW Complete Guide

RetroVortex

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok. My attempts just result in the 3DS freezing after 10 seconds after rebooting into the CFW, and "ctrclient: failed to connect".
I'm just about ready to give in. My 3DS doesn't want to play nice.

EDIT: and just as I'm about to give up, it works... -__-

Reactions: jarmster

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there any homebrew in the .dat format for this DS profile exploit that can be used instead of the CFW launcher?
I want to use the Homebrew Launcher but that's only available in .3dsx format.

jarmster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi everyone.... I've downgraded, (v4.2 now) and did the instructions on page 11, and everything goes fine except.

When the 3ds restarts after the white screen flash, it doesn't seem to be connecting to the internet. Turning the wifi off works fine, but the 3ds 'jams' when turning the wifi on.
It also crashes after some time.
Instantly entering the web browser doesn't crash the 3ds, but it doesn't manage to load any webpages either, even though the ds says : Internet at the top left.

I've tried both static and dynamic ip settings on the 3ds, same thing.

What do I do in this situation to install DevMenu?

quick edit: do i have to open up my DS flashcart, and run bootmenu every single time?

Is the internet connected before you reboot into the cfw?

xIMMENSEOLIx

Trophies
XP
Country
Noob question but once you have installed the cfw, do you have to go through the launching cfw business each time to access DevMenu or can you now access DevMenu whenever? Thanks!

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Noob question but once you have installed the cfw, do you have to go through the launching cfw business each time to access DevMenu or can you now access DevMenu whenever? Thanks!
The devmenu refuses to start unless you're running CFW... but you only have to relaunch the CFW whenever you power off or access the system settings (keep in mind that you need to power off in order to remove the SD card).

Reactions: xIMMENSEOLIx

Chaldron

GBATemp's Official Attorney
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i've installed the CFW on my 4.2 3DS (downgraded from 6.2).

I'm installing CIAs now, but where to go from here? How do I sepereate sysNand and the CFW so the sysNand can have different settings, etc. And also how to prevent having to unwrap the gifts everytime?

Thanks a lot for the guide, pretty amazing that I've got this far without GW

NeoRegia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So i've installed the CFW on my 4.2 3DS (downgraded from 6.2).

I'm installing CIAs now, but where to go from here? How do I sepereate sysNand and the CFW so the sysNand can have different settings, etc. And also how to prevent having to unwrap the gifts everytime?

Thanks a lot for the guide, pretty amazing that I've got this far without GW

i did not have this problem after installing my cfw but if it work as on Gateway mode then you need to take out your big memory card from 3DS and format your system, then insert your memory card again. on GW mode this unlink ofw from emunand

Chaldron

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i did not have this problem after installing my cfw but if it work as on Gateway mode then you need to take out your big memory card from 3DS and format your system, then insert your memory card again. on GW mode this unlink ofw from emunand

Okay, thanks!

Chaldron

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got another question. Is it possible to have an emuNand 9.4 so I can download eShop games (without Gateway) on one SD and have another for the CFW?

Thanks!

Raugo

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Can you switch or remove the SD Card in order to use the SD Card on PC WITHOUT leaving the Custom Firmware? If yes, pls tell me how :)

Yes, if you are in the home menu without any program in background you can extract the SD Card.

I've got another question. Is it possible to have an emuNand 9.4 so I can download eShop games (without Gateway) on one SD and have another for the CFW?

Thanks!

Yes.

jarmster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Seems not working with CFW. When I start it, I get "SD Card Removed"
works for me with winscp...
stupid question....after we install the cia, can we delete it from the sdcard? I'm stuck with a smaller sim card for the moment and 1/2 is the emunand. I've been trying smaller games out and im just trying to optimize some space.

edit nevermind.....:)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Do I make you randy!!! Lol