Hacking (4.x only) CIA CFW Complete Guide

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
does this cfw stuff modify the actual 3ds at all or only the emunand?

if it does modify the actual 3ds, has anyone that can restore their nand tried to update after installing the mod? does the update still work like normal or does it brick/fail to install kind of like a bad wii u mod?
Well, for now all it can affect is emunand. The software actually has more functions but you can't damage your 3DS if you follow the instructions posted here.

Henceforth

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hahahhaaha, FINALY!!! , thanks for your help guys.

I was lost, the end. Then decide to browse on the 3ds to try it for the firts time, when end use it, the 3ds say, its appear that you have a gifts!! when i open the gifts woalla devmen O_O

Reactions: Margen67 and cearp

astur

Trophies
XP
Country
Did you put the launcher.dat file too ?
Yes,I tried 2 different launcher.dat with same results.
seems like a faulty ncchinfo.bin, maybe to remake it will help. (or if jsut the index number is wrong, open it with a hex editor and change te first byte from 00 to ?, where ? is the amount of xorpads you want to generate)
Tried to make ncchinfo.bin in other computer.Now 3ds(3dsctrdecryptor) is still in 'opening sd:/ncchinfo.bin',maybe is blocked.

Tried to edit with hex editor too.How much xorpads should I generate?I change 00 for 01 with same results

VerseHell

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Can someone explain to me how to start about the .3ds to .cia process. The starting page instructions are not that clear to me.

Alright, first download this http://jheberg.net/captcha/3ds-cia-conversion-tools-v2/
1. Put the rom in the folder then follow this to decrypt it : https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-decrypt-3ds-roms-for-dummies.372653/page-2#post-5136907
2. Edit the rom_tool rom info.bat file with your rom name then run it. Edit the rsf file with the right informations.
3. Run the makerom.bat, intall the generated cia with the devmenu (If it's not work, try to change the 4 in -desc app:4 with 1,2 or 3)

Edit : if you want to add the game manual (if the game have one), before the step 3,edit the "rom_tool extract manual" file with your rom name, then add "-content manual/XXX-X-XXXX_1_MANUAL.cfa:1:1" (replace the X) at the end of the first line of makerom.bat.

Henceforth

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Now i need a better SD , only 2GB don`t allow me to install mario kart 7, 200mb free and i need 700mb :/ .
I will try to move things to do space.

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes,I tried 2 different launcher.dat with same results.

Tried to make ncchinfo.bin in other computer.Now 3ds(3dsctrdecryptor) is still in 'opening sd:/ncchinfo.bin',maybe is blocked.

Tried to edit with hex editor too.How much xorpads should I generate?I change 00 for 01 with same results
that it is hanging at opening nnchinfo is completely normal (it jsut froze). just reboot until it works or you get an error (can take up to 20 times if you have a bad day). And I dont know ow much xorpads you should generate, it depends on the rom etc (hard to tell from here). but if it is a retail rom you shouln't use that

kiryu1

Trophies
XP
Country
it is possible without a gateway card, where do you want to use the gateway card for?

Whoah! really cuz it says..

As of now this guide requires a 3ds flashcart that allows eShop access, or an eShop game to already be installed on your SD card. I will assume ownership of a Gateway cart, but the steps should be very similar regardless of what cart you own.

If it is possible for free, then I would dump all of my carts right now.. :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • NinStar
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @rqkaiju2 happy early birthday, my brother's birthday is in a couple days too